Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wimbledon wound is avenged. Standing between Greek and a medal match now are Schwartzman/Machac//Khachanov/Duckworth & Humbert/Kecmanovic.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
he looked very sharp actually, the scoreline makes the match look closer than it was.

·
justice for all
19,341 Posts
Well done, Stef! Good to know Wimbledon flop didn’t affect his play today.

·
Banned
22,779 Posts
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Well done. I think it is safe to say that Tsitsipas is a better player on hardcourt as compared to grass.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Love the hairstyle, looks more manly and less wannabe whatever. Hope the mentality follows the pattern.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I didn't see the match but this result is totally expected.
That Wimbledon match, where Tiafoe played very inspiring tennis on worst possible surface for the Greek who at the time still didn't recover from RG defeat, was an anomaly.
Tiafoe lost to Musetti on HC a couple of months ago and the Italian is surely not a top 50 player off clay for now.

I would put Tsitsipas on the third at most and maybe even on the 5th place when ranking the favorites for the gold here.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
Tsitsipas aiming to become the second player to win a Grand Slam sporting the samurai warrior pony tail doo, previously adnored by Patrick Rafter at US Open.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Lots of the younger guys seem to like the pony, Korda, Musetti and this guy Neumayer I'm watching live now also spots a ponytail

·
Registered
62,742 Posts
pretty good match, break in both sets given up with shocking volleying

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I thought Tsitsipas looked strong. Probably the kind of win he needed after the first match.

·
justice for all
19,341 Posts
I still kinda want Tiafoe to troll Tsitsipas, but I root against Americans (and now Chinese too) in the Olympics, so great result, Greeks need more success when they started this all.
Same here but add to it Russia and Japan. I generally root for underdogs and small countries. Not that I don't like those big ones but it's always nice when we witness some cinderella stories.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts