• Gold GOAT in 3

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • FAA in 2

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • FAA in 3

Votes: 10 15.6%
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

Registered
Winning the same big tournament 4 years apart, many players have done it.

But I feel you are just there to clown, so I will let you clown with yourself.馃槈
Which other man has two Olympic singles gold medals?

Registered
serena have done it many times... both in GS and Olympics
she had 3 consecutive gold in doubles but not in single
so arguably winning single gold in consecutive Olympics is harder by Serena's standard.
Sorry, i think the women's double is incredibly weak...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well Federer shouldn't have lost that easily it's true but Del Potro was on the ropes and had a tough week overall in a year where he was coming back from injury...
Del Porto was in great form and continued that in the final. He played well, Murray was just better. Nothing to do with tiredness.

Registered
Murray played tired Federer and tired Del Potro for both his gold medals.

He had rather lucky circumstances. What Massu did is probably tougher.
Federer was so tired that his opponent (Del Potro) beat Djokovic a day later lol. What Murray did is the hardest achievement in tennis ever.

Registered
Del Porto was in great form and continued that in the final. He played well, Murray was just better. Nothing to do with tiredness.
This was proved when Del Potro beat Djokovic in the bronze medal match. Federer was 100% fit but lost to an inspired Murray playing the best grass court tennis of the big 3/4/5 era. The rest is butthurt. Del GOATRO also brought a higher level to the Olympics than big three. On the biggest stage the big three haven't brought it bar Nadal 08..

Registered
serena have done it many times... both in GS and Olympics
she had 2 consecutive gold in doubles but not in single
so arguably winning single gold in consecutive Olympics is harder by Serena's standard.
This is MTF. But you make a fair point on consecutive Olympic single golds being harder.

Registered
Nothing would surprise me. Probably leaning towards Murray though. Wouldn't trust FAA playing for his country, and he is not likely to have the easy time he did last time. And I think a tighter match benefits Murray.

Registered
At the time i said Del Potro could possibly have won a best of 3 final but best of 5 meant he had no chance.

In saying that, Murray did well to take advantage. Del Potro had a great week but too hard a draw.

Registered
The undisputed tennis Olympics GOAT is Nicol谩s Mass煤 nicknamed El Vampiro ("the vampire"). He is the only male player to have won both the singles and doubles gold medals during the same games in modern Olympic tennis, the only two gold medals Chile has won at the Olympics.
Yes... amazing performance..

Registered
They were tired after a BO3 match? In their prime? :ROFLMAO:
Well... Federer had a very physical match with Delpo in 2012. That last set alone was like 2 and half hours. And playing Delpo is a boxing match. If Federer was a bit fresher.. given his form in 2012 and also that Wimbledon etc.. it would really have been his gold medal time.. well.. like in many cases, Federer gives himself opportunities. a lot of times.. only to be losing them.. A 4 and half hour match... a day before for a 31 year old VS a 6 years younger opponent who played against him in finals of Wimbledon.. yeah.. that was tough.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well... there was no break/gap. Federer had a very physical match with Delpo in 2012. That last set alone was like 2 and half hours. And playing Delpo is a boxing match. If Federer was a bit fresher.. given his form in 2012 and also that Wimbledon etc.. it would really have been his gold medal time.. well.. like in many cases, Federer gives himself opportunities. a lot of times.. only to be losing them..
Tough shit. Murray had the harder semi final opponent (on paper anyway) and managed to win comfortably.

However you try and dress it up, the best player won the tournament.

Registered
@Moozza
I know you鈥檙e hoping Murray to win, but you have low stats of making a prediction, so I recommend you pick the other guy to win. It might be a good sign for Murray.

Registered
Well... there was no break/gap. Federer had a very physical match with Delpo in 2012. That last set alone was like 2 and half hours. And playing Delpo is a boxing match. If Federer was a bit fresher.. given his form in 2012 and also that Wimbledon etc.. it would really have been his gold medal time.. well.. like in many cases, Federer gives himself opportunities. a lot of times.. only to be losing them.. A 4 and half hour match... a day before for a 31 year old VS a 6 years younger opponent who played against him in finals of Wimbledon.. yeah.. that was tough.
The 'tired' excuse is becoming cliched... Federer lost that final because he couldn't cope that 95% of the crowd was against him in his beloved stadium.

Registered
Could you imagine this movie starring Sir Murray and Mooza , the presenter

Hopefully he's with us all week :unsure:

Registered
The 'tired' excuse is becoming cliched... Federer lost that final because he couldn't cope that 95% of the crowd was against him in his beloved stadium.
Did you watch the match?
Did you see the movement difference between semis and finals? The game level itself dropped.
Federer played against Agassi in NY. Nothing is worse than that, still won. These guys are Professionals.. they don't get impacted that way so easily. Playing Delpo in 4 hour match is like boxing game.. Dealing those forehand blows one after other. I don't usually use any tired excuse. This was one case I would say.. Murray probably only played a 60% movement Roger in finals..

Registered
At this stage in time anything other than a comfortable FAA win would be a surprise. He can be disappointed with himself if he doesn't routine Murray. Any top 10 player should be able to do so , on any surface, under current circumstances.

Registered
So, while Djokovic, Federer and Nadal are battling for GOAT status, Murray is battling with Mass煤 for Olympic GOATness. That's quite telling. That's why britons will always be a laughing stock when it comes to sport. Remember Euro 2021? "It's coming home!". Oh dear, what an embarassment.

Bring it Home
Horrible luck by Murray. Don't see how he can win this.

Probably FAA in 2, something like 7-5 6-2.

Registered
Well... Federer had a very physical match with Delpo in 2012. That last set alone was like 2 and half hours. And playing Delpo is a boxing match. If Federer was a bit fresher.. given his form in 2012 and also that Wimbledon etc.. it would really have been his gold medal time.. well.. like in many cases, Federer gives himself opportunities. a lot of times.. only to be losing them.. A 4 and half hour match... a day before for a 31 year old VS a 6 years younger opponent who played against him in finals of Wimbledon.. yeah.. that was tough.
That's just an excuse. Delpo played the same match and beat Djokovic in Bronze medal match.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts