Votes: 39 60.9%
  • FAA in 3

Votes: 10 15.6%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m feeling some payback here. FAA destroyed Murray at the US open last year but let’s be honest, Murray had nothing left in the tank for that one.

He will be fresh for R1 here and I think will have too much game for the Canadian.

Murray in a comfortable 2.

7-5 6-2

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
15,377 Posts
55-45 faa favour.
Hate this draw as like felix.
Hopefully GoldMedalRay is able to win

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm a fan of both Félix and Andy.

I'd love it if Andy was able to go far but it's not in the cards.

As a Canadian, I will root for Félix unless he meets my favorite player. It's his first Olympic games. If he plays his best then I won't be disappointed, win or lose.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
15,377 Posts
The undisputed tennis Olympics GOAT is Nicolás Massú nicknamed El Vampiro ("the vampire"). He is the only male player to have won both the singles and doubles gold medals during the same games in modern Olympic tennis, the only two gold medals Chile has won at the Olympics.
Harder to win gold 4 years apart. If you peak a week its possible to win both.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The man with the hardest to achieve record in tennis. Olympic GOAT Murray in a tight two setter.

·
Premium Member
62,126 Posts
The man with the hardest to achieve record in tennis. Olympic GOAT Murray in a tight two setter.
Hardest record? Two golds in the same event is not impressive. It's understandable this record is low, as tennis hasn't been on the program that long and the Olympics wasn't been a priority early on, but you have to think someone will manage three there too as have happened so many other places. You even have some fours, like Oerter in discus and Phelps in the 200 medley swim.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Hardest record? Two golds in the same event is not impressive. It's understandable this record is low, as tennis hasn't been on the program that long and the Olympics wasn't been a priority early on, but you have to think someone will manage three there too as have happened so many other places. You even have some fours, like Oerter in discus and Phelps in the 200 medley swim.
It's that or Laver's 3x CYGS ('62,'67,'69). If it was that easy someone else would've done it. The big three couldn't.

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
Murray played tired Federer and tired Del Potro for both his gold medals.

He had rather lucky circumstances. What Massu did is probably tougher.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Murray played tired Federer and tired Del Potro for both his gold medals.

He had rather lucky circumstances. What Massu did is probably tougher.
serena have done it many times... both in GS and Olympics
she had 2 consecutive gold in doubles but not in single
so arguably winning single gold in consecutive Olympics is harder by Serena's standard.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts