Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any information who will be missed from top players ? Like Roddick, Hewitt and some other skipped Beijing

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Any information who will be missed from top players ? Like Roddick, Hewitt and some other skipped Beijing
I think every information about that should be regrouped in a specific thread, either here among the sticky ones or in the "Olympic Games" section of the "upcoming tournaments",

because at the moment there are many threads or parts of threads about that everywhere, and there will be more and more ones imo, and the specific rules about the Olympics interfere with all that, and they are very complicated and not well-known by people.

The thread about the Olympics in 2008 showed that there were a lot of debates about all that in the months before the Olympics, countries not wanting to engage some players and so on ...

I especially think about Coolfish's calculation in the ATP rankings threads which don't get what they deserve and also sometimes are not understood by people because they are in the middle of the "rankings thread" whereas they are something different.

I also think of the thread about doubles in the doubles section.

I think something must be done because at the moment it's tough to deal with all of those threads everywhere imo :shrug:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hewitt played Beijing, skipped Athens :) I know he has requested a wildcard for singles and doubles here because he's out for the next 4 months after having surgery.

I haven't heard any top players say they're not playing so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts