Mens Tennis Forums banner
81 - 100 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
#shamelessplug

Come and join MTF's Olympic bracket game here! :)

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Horrible draw for Murray again. Guy has zero luck.

Having said that, I think he can beat FAA. He was completely out of gas against him in the USO last year, a fresh Murray will be a totally different match.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Good and balanced draw, certainly not as weak as people are making it out to be.

Maybe we will finally get our first Djokovic-Rublev unless Adria tour curse strikes again..

·
Registered
23,382 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I bit bummed to see Murray take on FAA in the first round. I didn't have high hopes of Murray getting to a medal anyway but it will be sore for him to be sent away in the first round. His doubles draw isn't great either, against Herbert.

Always feels unfair when you have Murray v FAA, Rublev v Nishikori, etc. and on the other hand you have Broady v Cerundolo and Nagal v Istomin.

Other interesting first round matches:

Karatsev v Paul
Fucsovics v Hurkacz
Kwon v Tiafoe
Musetti v Millman
Bublik v Medvedev
For me, the 2nd one is the most interesting tennis wise from this group of matches
The bottom one maybe for comic relief?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
The sleeveless look actually suits Nole a lot. It‘s a good look for him.
Meanwhile the top ranked Italian in the draw has been dealt a very tricky opener. He actually lost his only previous match to Taro in a challenger 5 years ago.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Olympics has zero historical significance in tennis. There is nothing to gain by playing.
Historical significance is not determined by an individual subjective opinion though , not even the quality of rivals met there matters , you'll find that a gold is quite mentioned in articles , wiki , etc , besides local glory , as an achievement in itself next to slams , masters , Finals. Graff 's has been mentioned since I have tennistic memory thousand times . What do you think in an era of the internet , what this repercussion be ?

That's what matters

·
Registered
22,706 Posts

·
Registered
22,706 Posts
Horrible draw for Murray again. Guy has zero luck.

Having said that, I think he can beat FAA. He was completely out of gas against him in the USO last year, a fresh Murray will be a totally different match.
FAA is from weak era.

Murray meanwhile strong era and fresh now, so I suspect Murray in easy 2.

81 - 100 of 183 Posts