Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Entry deadline: June 6, 2016 (announced June 30, 2016)
Seeding: August 1, 2016

Men’s and Women’s Doubles events:
Twenty-four (24) teams will qualify as Direct Acceptances based on their combined recognised World Rankings of 6 June 2016 (with each player using the best of their Singles or Doubles World Ranking).
Doubles players ranked in the Top 10 will be eligible for Direct Acceptance providing their partner has a recognised World Ranking on 6 June 2016, they are entered by their respective National Olympic Committee (NOC)/NA, and their nomination does not bring the number of athletes for that NOC to more than 6 men/women.
Eight (8) Final Qualification Places (ITF Places) will be allocated according to the criteria listed in the Qualification System.
1 (DA) Pierre-Hugues Herbert/Nicolas Mahut FRA
2 (DA) Andy Murray/Jamie Murray GBR
OUT (DA) Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan USA
4 (DA) Florin Mergea/Horia Tecau ROU
5 (DA) Robin Haase/Jean-Julien Rojer NED
6 (DA) Marcelo Melo/Bruno Soares BRA
7 (DA) Rohan Bopanna/Leander Paes IND
OUT Roger Federer/Stan Wawrinka SUI 8
OUT Richard Gasquet/Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA 22
10 Marc Lopez/Rafael Nadal ESP 22
11 Novak Djokovic/Nenad Zimonjic SRB 24
OUT Milos Raonic/Vasek Pospisil CAN 27
13 Roberto Bautista Agut/David Ferrer ESP 29
OUT Tomas Berdych/Radek Stepanek CZE 40
15 Lukasz Kubot/Marcin Matkowski POL 43
16 Marin Cilic/Marin Draganja CRO 49
17 Steve Johnson/Jack Sock USA 53
18 Juan Sebastian Cabal/Robert Farah COL 54
OUT Philipp Kohlschreiber/Philipp Petzschner GER 56
20 Chris Guccione/John Peers AUS 61
21 Oliver Marach/Alexander Peya AUT 63
22 Juan Martin del Potro/Maximo Gonzalez ARG 65
23 Fabio Fognini/Andreas Seppi ITA 80
24 Federico Delbonis/Guillermo Duran ARG 89
25 (ITF) Lukas Rosol/Radek Stepanek CZE
26 (ITF) Marcus Daniell/Michael Venus NZL
27 (ITF) Thomaz Bellucci/Andre Sa BRA
28 (ITF) Julio Peralta/Hans Podlipnik-Castillo CHI
29 (ITF) Andrej Martin/Igor Zelenay SLO
30 (ITF) Illya Marchenko/Denys Molchanov UKR
31 (ITF) Santiago Gonzalez/Miguel Angel Reyes Varela MEX
32 (ITF) Sanchai Ratiwatana/Sonchat Ratiwatana THA
(ALT) Gastao Elias/Joao Sousa POR (replace Kohlschreiber/Struff)

Alternates
IN Gael Monfils/Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA 27 (replace Gasquet/Tsonga)
IN Daniel Nestor/Vasek Pospisil CAN 33 (replace Raonic/Pospisil)
IN Brian Baker/Rajeev Ram USA 85 (replace Bryan/Bryan)
IN Colin Fleming/Dominic Inglot GBR 86 (replace Berdych/Stepanek)
IN Aliaksandr Bury/Max Mirnyi BLR 89 (replace Federer/Wawrinka)
OUT Philipp Kohlschreiber/Jan-Lennard Struff GER 115 (replace Kohlschreiber/Petzschner)

(ITF) ITF Place (Final Qualification Place)

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Olympic Doubles Entry List (updated June 30, 2016)

Read more at http://www.itftennis.com/news/232270.aspx
30 Jun 2016
ITF announces entries for Rio 2016 Olympics
NEWS ARTICLE

The ITF has announced the provisional list of singles and doubles entries for the Rio 2016 Olympic Tennis Event at the Olympic Tennis Centre in Barra Olympic Park on 6-14 August. Fifty-one countries will compete in this year’s event.
Andy Murray (GBR) and Serena Williams (USA) will defend their London 2012 singles titles, while Bob and Mike Bryan (USA), and Venus and Serena Williams (USA) will defend their doubles titles. Entries for the mixed doubles will be confirmed on site during the Olympic Tennis Event.
Sixty-four players will contest both the men’s and women’s singles. Entries for both events are a combination of direct acceptances and final qualification places based on the singles world rankings of 6 June, plus two Tripartite Commission Invitation Places.
Thirty-two teams will contest both the men’s and women’s doubles, with entries a combination of direct acceptances and final qualification places. Entries are based on the combined world rankings of each team on 6 June, with each player using the better of their singles and doubles world ranking. Any player ranked in the doubles Top 10 on 6 June was eligible for direct acceptance with a partner of any ranking.
There is a limit of four singles players per gender per country. Nations were also able to nominate up to two doubles teams per event, with a maximum of six players per gender per country in total.
Entries are also subject to players being in good standing with their National Association and meeting the minimum participation requirements in Davis Cup and Fed Cup. The ITF Olympic Committee will discuss any outstanding men’s appeals on Friday 15 July on behalf of any player who still has the opportunity to compete in the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas ties on 15-17 July.
Entries for the 16-team mixed doubles event will be determined on site from those players already participating in singles or doubles, with a maximum of two teams per country. Teams have to be nominated by their National Olympic Committee by the deadline of 9 August.
The Olympic Tennis Event will be played on hard court, with ten match courts and six practice courts, including a 10,000-capacity centre court, and two additional show courts seating 5,000 and 3,000 spectators respectively.
The Draw for the Olympic Tennis Event will be held on site at the Olympic Tennis Centre on Thursday 4th August at 11am local time.
ITF President David Haggerty said: “We are delighted to welcome another outstanding field to the Olympic Tennis Event. Since the return of tennis to the Olympics in 1988, the event has continued to grow at each Games, with the current generation of players embracing this unique opportunity in our sport. We expect that the competition in each discipline will be fierce, and look forward to some memorable matches.”
Tennis was a part of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. The first woman to win an Olympic medal in any sport was tennis player Charlotte Cooper (GBR) at the 1900 Olympic Games in Paris. After the 1924 Paris Games, tennis withdrew from the Olympics but returned as a demonstration event at 1984 Los Angeles and as a full medal sport at 1988 Seoul.
Doubles Entry List:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/4953-rio-de-janeiro-olympic-games/805961-olympic-doubles-entry-list-updated-june-30-2016-a.html#post35396697

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Re: Olympic Doubles Entry List (updated June 30, 2016)

Where is Dodig ?? He can play with Mate Pavic

·
Registered
57,538 Posts
Re: Olympic Doubles Entry List (updated July 29, 2016)

I'd have liked for the Melzer bros to get a wild card. Shame to have a doubles competition without Jurgen.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

Who's in with Bryans out?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

Who's in with Bryans out?
Who's Kohli's partner now?
We have to wait for ITF confirmation, unfortunately it is very slow, not like ATP, when we have list with automatic withdrawals/replacements... List closes on Tuesday 23:59, then vacancy will be filled by on-site players/teams. But I hope before Tuesday we will have some update...

I'm pretty sure for Zverev one of Germans from singles event will come in, I bet Brown. Italian Olympic Committee wants spot for Lorenzi/Fabbiano, their combined ranking is even better than current last accepted - Ratiwatana/Ratiwatana 210. I hope for Basic/Dzumhur - they have 217, so looks close to cut off. Too much speculation but even players dont know who is coming in :/

·
158,985 Posts

We have to wait for ITF confirmation, unfortunately it is very slow, not like ATP, when we have list with automatic withdrawals/replacements... List closes on Tuesday 23:59, then vacancy will be filled by on-site players/teams. But I hope before Tuesday we will have some update...

I'm pretty sure for Zverev one of Germans from singles event will come in, I bet Brown. Italian Olympic Committee wants spot for Lorenzi/Fabbiano, their combined ranking is even better than current last accepted - Ratiwatana/Ratiwatana 210. I hope for Basic/Dzumhur - they have 217, so looks close to cut off. Too much speculation but even players dont know who is coming in :/
Kohli/Brown would be nice. :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

Sousa/Elias also have a better rank than some doubles who are already in.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: Olympic Doubles Entry List (updated July 31, 2016)

Baker/Ram IN for Bryans

I don't know what to do - scream or laugh.

Firstly they say about maximum number of male players set for 86, then when it is already exceeded new player is accepted, instead of someone from singles...

·
Registered
17,405 Posts
Re: Olympic Doubles Entry List (updated July 31, 2016)

Aliny Calejon ‏@alcalejon
Men's doubles seeds #Rio2016
1.HerbertMahut
2.Murrays
3.MeloSoares
4.MonfilsTsonga
5.MergeaTecau
6.LopezNadal
7.NestorPospisil
8.AgutFerrer

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Re: Olympic Singles Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 31, 2016)

Reason why Lopez isn't playing Olympics? He could have done some damage in doubles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts