Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, it's that time of the season again. It gets warm and all the lizards, snakes and slimy creatures come out to soak-up the sun...
Et voila, there's Jean-Francois Caujolle (if you wonder who that is - you're right), once #71 in the world for a brief stint - but mostly a sub 200 dweller...
You know - the guy that real players use as a punching bag, for a few hundred Franks a pop.

So, Jean thinks it's his time to shine again, and so he puts out a "statement" about Novak.
Mais naturellement!

Someone once said that cockroaches will inherit the earth.
If that time has come - fine.
I'll just use up all the RAID I have and then f*k it.

Here's what this little obscure creature had to say when it crawled out in the sun:

·
Your visions will happen
49,177 Posts
Another member of the West attacking the Balkan Djoker, NID

“It reminds me of the parable of the Tower of Babel, where the people wanted to rise as high as the gods.

One has the impression that Novak Djokovic thought himself above certain laws of nature. He has a Slavic side that is both mystical and 'I am unsinkable'" - Jean-Francois Caujolle said. "Personally, you may think that there is no need to get vaccinated or that by taking plants, you can treat yourself.

But when you put other people into play and you have a responsibility for what you represent, there are positions and actions not to be committed. It is not (just) immaturity. He has a messianic side which makes him feel above that.

Then he realizes that the return of the boomerang is rapid. During the confinement period, I followed some of his direct shows on Instagram; it is sure that there was something strange going on in it" - he added. "Everything is in paranormality.

A year and a half, two years ago, he asked ATP that there be cryogenic buses in each tournament so that players can get cold! It has a mystical side which can be dangerous. For me, he is bordering on the guru. He imposes on others a form of mental pressure.

He is someone who can be harmful," remarked Caujolle. Both countries eased their lockdowns ahead of elections held in Serbia last Sunday and scheduled for July 5 in Croatia, and much of the Balkans is experiencing a spike in new COVID-19 cases since the strictest measures were lifted.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another member of the West attacking the Balkan Djoker, NID

“It reminds me of the parable of the Tower of Babel, where the people wanted to rise as high as the gods.

One has the impression that Novak Djokovic thought himself above certain laws of nature. He has a Slavic side that is both mystical and 'I am unsinkable'" - Jean-Francois Caujolle said. "Personally, you may think that there is no need to get vaccinated or that by taking plants, you can treat yourself.

But when you put other people into play and you have a responsibility for what you represent, there are positions and actions not to be committed. It is not (just) immaturity. He has a messianic side which makes him feel above that.

Then he realizes that the return of the boomerang is rapid. During the confinement period, I followed some of his direct shows on Instagram; it is sure that there was something strange going on in it" - he added. "Everything is in paranormality.

A year and a half, two years ago, he asked ATP that there be cryogenic buses in each tournament so that players can get cold! It has a mystical side which can be dangerous. For me, he is bordering on the guru. He imposes on others a form of mental pressure.

He is someone who can be harmful," remarked Caujolle. Both countries eased their lockdowns ahead of elections held in Serbia last Sunday and scheduled for July 5 in Croatia, and much of the Balkans is experiencing a spike in new COVID-19 cases since the strictest measures were lifted.
I don't like to think in West-East terms - given that I lived/live in both. But there's certainly some elitism and bigotry in the Tennis world.
There were so many great players coming from the "East" and they all got the same treatment... Even the greatest ones like Lendl.
It's always the same stiff-lip, condescending arrogance. Envy to the point of hate.

At the end - it is what it is. Things will change, if they're not changed already.

The tell-tell sign is the WHO is "raising their voice"... Anonymous creatures, you need to google to identify.
That's the "strike force". That's what's left.
Things have changed.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I cannot understand why a person’s tennis ability or, in the case of the pros, their rankings, should determine the credibility of their opinions or validity of their beliefs. To me this guy makes a lot more sense than someone who says:

"I've seen people and I know some people that, through that energetical [sic] transformation, through the power of prayer, through the power of gratitude, they manage to turn the most toxic food or the most polluted water, into the most healing water." Not to mention helping a snake oil salesman peddle his crackpot wares for hefty prices.

And it doesn’t stop there, because not only is Djokovic spreading his ignorance and superstitious nonsense, he’s also spreading disease… much like the aforementioned cockroach.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"... He has a Slavic side that is both mystical and 'I am unsinkable' " - Jean-Francois Caujolle said.
Need I point out the bigotry and xenophobia in this statement?
A bit of envious racism, maybe?

Eh... It is what it is.

·
Registered
911 Posts
"... He has a Slavic side that is both mystical and 'I am unsinkable' " - Jean-Francois Caujolle said.
Need I point out the bigotry and xenophobia in this statement?
A bit of envious racism, maybe?

Eh... It is what it is.
A bit yes, but there are plenty of derogatory generalizations about Westerners, particularly Americans, on this board. We all think in terms of stereotypes to some degree.

Just look at an opening statement in the second post of this thread: “Another member of the West attacking the Balkan Djoker, NID.” Need I point out the bigotry?

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cannot understand why a person’s tennis ability or, in the case of the pros, their rankings, should determine the credibility of their opinions or validity of their beliefs. To me this guy makes a lot more sense than someone who says:

"I've seen people and I know some people that, through that energetical [sic] transformation, through the power of prayer, through the power of gratitude, they manage to turn the most toxic food or the most polluted water, into the most healing water." Not to mention helping a snake oil salesman peddle his crackpot wares for hefty prices.

And it doesn’t stop there, because not only is Djokovic spreading his ignorance and superstitious nonsense, he’s also spreading disease… much like the aforementioned cockroach.
Yeah, well... It's not like Novak is a NY governor who ordered placing covid patients into nursing homes, ensuring that all elderly residents get infected and die en masse.
We're talking thousands and thousands of victims.
And... nothing. Crickets. Cuomo pretty much executed 12-18000 senior citizens in NY state and some in the US are treating him like a hero.
I suppose NY cockroaches have no objections either.

Yeah.
But Novak...

Meanwhile... Serbia, even after the "adria tour", has 250 deaths from corona in total. And the numbers are going down.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A bit yes, but there are plenty of derogatory generalizations about Westerners, particularly Americans, on this board. We all think in terms of stereotypes to some degree.

Just look at an opening statement in the second post of this thread: “Another member of the West attacking the Balkan Djoker, NID.” Need I point out the bigotry?
I think I responded to that post - with "I don't like the west-east..." stuff, didn't I?
And I agree - we all have stereotypes and prejudices - but it's about who ACTS ON THEM.
Caujolle, and most of the UK and West press/public seems not to have shame or an issue with voicing their inner racist garbage.
I think that was the point of the post you're referring to.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah, well... It's not like Novak is a NY governor who ordered placing covid patients into nursing homes, ensuring that all elderly residents get infected and die en masse.
We're talking thousands and thousands of victims.
And... nothing. Crickets. Cuomo pretty much executed 12-18000 senior citizens in NY state and some in the US are treating him like a hero.
I suppose NY cockroaches have no objections either.

Yeah.
But Novak...

Meanwhile... Serbia, even after the "adria tour", has 250 deaths from corona in total. And the numbers are going down.
No doubt we could find dozens of examples far worse that even Cuomo (Trump, Bolsonaro, etc). How does that in any way exonerate Novak or justify his actions? That's like saying Mussolini wasn't so bad compared to Hitler. (Sorry, couldn't resist the Nazi reference. Always good for dramatic effect.)

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No doubt we could find dozens of examples far worse that even Cuomo (Trump, Bolsonaro, etc). How does that in any way exonerate Novak or justify his actions? That's like saying Mussolini wasn't so bad compared to Hitler. (Sorry, couldn't resist the Nazi reference. Always good for dramatic effect.)
I don't care about Trump, I'm a Bernie voter (yeah :( )
And I'm really surprised by many from US here immediately jump to the "Trump argument", as if people here really care or are interested in US politics!? Use that internally. And apply generously... or not.
And then, the more adventurous/creative ones go to Hitler/Mussa/Nazis... for a "dramatic effect" in any context...
This depleted and very shallow pool of metaphors just perpetuates the stereotype about us Americans... Narrow-minded, poorly educated, simple minded and unsophisticated...
That's the "dramatic effect" you've achieved.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Caujolle, and most of the UK and West press/public seems not to have shame or an issue with voicing their inner racist garbage.
I think that was the point of the post you're referring to.
You honestly don't see the bigotry in that first statement? Speaking of points, thanks for making mine.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You honestly don't see the bigotry in that first statement? Speaking of points, thanks for making mine.
I do - and I think I've said it in my response. I'm no fan of bigotry on any side. If I was not clear, yet again, I reject any form of bigotry and/or racism on any side, against anyone.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I read this in French. It is far worse than in the English version. In short it represents the demon Slavic side (obviously the Bad one of a human being) oppose to the Good side - Federer and Nadal - Switzerland and Spain. That by only some Instagram videos in which people are talking like we do when in good company and discuss all sorts of questions of the Universe, different thesis and opinions - and that make some people to say 'this person is that and that' - very silly and shortsighted.
As to the French article - here we are talking in a forum - but this is a guy - tournament Director of a ATP event - Marseille - in one of the Global media - l'Equipe!!
Those words about the Slavic nature, the mystique, the Babel tower - this is disgusting, racist, Natzi like attitude. He is imposing on people - hatred, envy and aggression. For me this is shame. There were many East-West confrontation and still there are but this is something else - it is like horror movie with chilling sense.
I am disgusted and this media should be ashamed with itself and this article.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Not sure if it's appropriate to hijack this also very important thread with my breaking news, but they are too earth shattering to pass on:
My great aunt's friend from a knitting club thinks Novak is a PoS.
Discuss.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I read this in French. It is far worse than in the English version. In short it represents the demon Slavic side (obviously the Bad one of a human being) oppose to the Good side - Federer and Nadal - Switzerland and Spain. That by only some Instagram videos in which people are talking like we do when in good company and discuss all sorts of questions of the Universe, different thesis and opinions - and that make some people to say 'this person is that and that' - very silly and shortsighted.
As to the French article - here we are talking in a forum - but this is a guy - tournament Director of a ATP event - Marseille - in one of the Global media - l'Equipe!!
Those words about the Slavic nature, the mystique, the Babel tower - this is disgusting, racist, Natzi like attitude. He is imposing on people - hatred, envy and aggression. For me this is shame. There were many East-West confrontation and still there are but this is something else - it is like horror movie with chilling sense.
I am disgusted and this media should be ashamed with itself and this article.
I did the same. My French is not that good though - but it's definitely a disgusting racist tirade from a small, envious, pissant.

·
Registered
911 Posts
This depleted and very shallow pool of metaphors just perpetuates the stereotype about us Americans... Narrow-minded, poorly educated, simple minded and unsophisticated...
Yep, that's me and about 330 million other Americans. Amazing how so may people can be so alike. Guess we're just walking stereotypes.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure if it's appropriate to hijack this also very important thread with my breaking news, but they are too earth shattering to pass on:
My great aunt's friend from a knitting club thinks Novak is a PoS.
Discuss.
No worries... In another breaking news story - French Scientists just discovered a CURE for fedalism...

"...It was really simple... We just used a bigger butt-plug"

Gyiomme Pissant, French National Institute of sciences and moldy cheese.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, that's me and about 330 million other Americans. Amazing how so may people can be so alike. Guess we're just walking stereotypes.
If you don't like stereotypes, don't be one yourself.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts