Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it but didnt really understand what happened, someone fill me in please.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
ugotlobbed said:
I saw it but didnt really understand what happened, someone fill me in please.
Coria accused Massu or faking an injury and said he had done it in previous matches. So at the change of ends Massu went up to him at asked him if he had issues.........so Coria started shouting and told him he was "paranoid" and should keep his "issues" to his side of the net. Then at the end, Coria jumped over the net (didn't wait for Massu to approach it), and they had a very perfunctory handshake. Pretty par for the course with Coria really :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Rosie said:
Coria accused Massu or faking an injury and said he had done it in previous matches. So at the change of ends Massu went up to him at asked him if he had issues.........so Coria started shouting and told him he was "paranoid" and should keep his "issues" to his side of the net. Then at the end, Coria jumped over the net (didn't wait for Massu to approach it), and they had a very perfunctory handshake. Pretty par for the course with Coria really :rolleyes:
This was about as objective as my post on the matter.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Massu got what he deserved, he just faced a player who knows all the tricks in the book

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
I think what Massu said to Coria went more along the lines of: @#%@ ^@$#%@%# @^@#% @#%@# @@#% @%@#^ @#%@ @#@#%!

[note: edited for out younger viewers]
Yes - there was some of that in it too!!! I was being polite!!!!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I thought that it was Massu who accused Coria of faking the toenail thing? Then Coria said he was paranoid. Prior to that Coria was muttering loudly about Massu taking so long between points, and Massu - per the guys at CBS- said something along the lines of "are you talking to me" and the shouting across the court ensued. I don't know what the Coria talking to Massu at the chairs was about- maybe that was the "paranoid" thing.

Coria is a little devil for sure, but god help me if he is not one of my favorites. I just love watching his matches, they are always entertaining- to me both in play and just that he has lays it all out.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
I'd like to know if that ATP guy that had to stand in between them during that changeover was also "on guard" in the locker room after the match. :scratch:

I really hope Ginepri delivers a beat down to Coria on Wednesday, my disdain of his personality/antics is far outshadowing the respect I had for his talent these days.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
My favorite Coria moment is when he was in Rome and he can't remember that they're playing a tiebreaker, and Rafa like looks at him like he's stupid and nods like Guillermo's retarded. It was so funny. I replayed it 239845723895345 times.

·
Registered
70,026 Posts
LaTenista said:
I'd like to know if that ATP guy that had to stand in between them during that changeover was also "on guard" in the locker room after the match. :scratch:

I really hope Ginepri delivers a beat down to Coria on Wednesday, my disdain of his personality/antics is far outshadowing the respect I had for his talent these days.
I hope we get word that they fought it out. My money is on Massu.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Thanks to Massu, I officially boycott Goldfish. So I think Guillermo's a genius.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
Coming from a Pierce fan, Massu did take too much time. It was the time he took between first and second serves that was really annoying.
Ditto, I love Mary but I usually fast forward her service periods, Massu was killing me with the time he was taking. I kept going serve already idiot to my TV screen :lol:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
KarolBeckFan said:
I hope we get word that they fought it out. My money is on Massu.
Mine too. Coria is undoubtedly a plucker little scrapper, but Massu looks like he would crush him with his thumb. Coria's best chance would be to outrun Massu - a likely possibility, so long as Massu doesn't get a hold of him first - and taunt him from a distance.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Chloe said:
Mine too. Coria is undoubtedly a plucker little scrapper, but Massu looks like he would crush him with his thumb. Coria's best chance would be to outrun Massu - a likely possibility, so long as Massu doesn't get a hold of him first - and taunt him from a distance.
Maybe Massu and Gaudio will form an army of sorts.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
liptea said:
Maybe Massu and Gaudio will form an army of sorts.
Probably. Because Gaudio? Really wants him DEAD.

I hope that they wear uniforms and have an army marching band.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Chloe said:
Probably. Because Gaudio? Really wants him DEAD.

I hope that they wear uniforms and have an army marching band.
ooh! And cheerleaders!

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Will we be the cheerleaders? I sort of think Coria rules, so I'm not sure that I could do it. I could play the tuba, though.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts