Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I see many of you guys are interested in how much money big divas make. So Nole makes so much $$$, Rafa $$$, Fed whatever ... How much is enough? I can't say the difference between $100,000 and $85,000,000. This deep 'intelligent' thread is inspired by some guys on MTF judging our top divas not any more by their slam count but the money they make ... Interesting ... too bad they won't share $$$ with us mortals.

Now, how much do Nole and Rafa get for this? I need to know and I want to feel miserable.

Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal confirmed for Abu Dhabi

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-and-rafael-nadal-confirmed-for-abu-dhabi-1.1361716

Why did I go to School? Why didn't I become a famous tennis player, Madonna or Lady Ga Ga? What is wrong with me? Why oh why? Any reasonable answers would be appreciated :p. Why not me, why them? Life is not fair :ras:. I need a bigger house and a younger wife.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Alex, it seems to me that you're slowly losing it. I'm worried buddy.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
It's never too late to become a professional tennis player, son.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
This deep 'intelligent' thread is inspired by some guys on MTF judging our top divas not any more by their slam count but the money they make ... Interesting ... too bad they won't share $$$ with us mortals.
Most of them are Fed fans. No one's marketed elitism more than Federer.
Just look at the snobby brands: rolex, Moët & Chandon champagne, mercedes, Lindt premium chocolate, the nike Wimbledon Liberace outfit....yuck!
Easy to see why Duarte thinks Fed's the rich version of Nelson Mandela. LMAO

·
Banned
355 Posts
OK, I see many of you guys are interested in how much money big divas make. So Nole makes so much $$$, Rafa $$$, Fed whatever ... How much is enough? I can't say the difference between $100,000 and $85,000,000. This deep 'intelligent' thread is inspired by some guys on MTF judging our top divas not any more by their slam count but the money they make ... Interesting ... too bad they won't share $$$ with us mortals.

Now, how much do Nole and Rafa get for this? I need to know and I want to feel miserable.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-and-rafael-nadal-confirmed-for-abu-dhabi-1.1361716

Why did I go to School? Why didn't I become a famous tennis player, Madonna or Lady Ga Ga? What is wrong with me? Why oh why? Any reasonable answers would be appreciated :p. Why not me, why them? Life is not fair :ras:. I need a bigger house and a younger wife.

You still can play exhibition matches against the likes of Laver and Mcenroe.

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
You can start working and make money.

I've been a tennis parents, 10 years, 6 days a week, 3-4 hours a day plus driving, 12 ITF tournaments in different cities. Trust me-- working on your profession and making a decent living is MUCH easier than to become a Djokovic or a Lady Gaga (I myself tried to study piano, gave it up after one year, too much and too hard work :eek:)

·
Registered
24,699 Posts

I've been a tennis parents, 10 years, 6 days a week, 3-4 hours a day plus driving, 12 ITF tournaments in different cities. Trust me-- working on your profession and making a decent living is MUCH easier than to become a Djokovic or a Lady Gaga (I myself tried to study piano, gave it up after one year, too much and too hard work :eek:)
its good that lady gaga knows playing piano, coz other than that, she looks so ugly like a man and her voice is no good. I think she is really lucky. Macdonna at least had the looks :help:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Lady Gaga Gargoyle has proven you don't need talent to make it. Just a meat dress and a gimmick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Money certainly is a determining factor of influence in the world, so I guess it is not an unreasonable measure of success.

At least most of the (top) tennis players seem like class acts. I'd much rather see them raking in the endorsement dollars than some of the thugs in the NFL or NBA.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
When everyone starts off money and fame are the objective. Then guys like Rafa, Federer, Nole after winning so many titles and money do it for pride, not the money anymore. Sure another Million is always good.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
:haha: funny

·
10,271 Posts

Aren't you a lawyer :confused: :lol:

To be a successful tennis player, your parents need to already have money. Unlike soccer, basketball, and football; money is the difference between the best and worst players

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

[/QUOTE All top sportsmen are grossly overpayed for what they do today. But what does that say about us their fans? Without us they couldn't make a million a week or fortnight. people like Federer and Woods who make the best part of 50 million a year. It's got out of hand.

But the masses put these people on a pedestal. And spend ridiculous sums of money to watch them play. So we are the reason they get payed that much. Sports like tennis and golf have grown massively over the last decade. Where does it end. Rory Mcilroy made just under a million quid yesterday for winning THE OPEN. Which is Golfs Wimbledon. Not bad for four days work. And that's nothing to what he will make from the sponsors who will be fighting over him. It's a different world for top sportsmen today. it really is. Jack Nichlaus and Rod Laver could only dream of that kind of money in their time.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
$500,000 each

1 - 20 of 26 Posts