Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
73,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the US and their problems with Iraq, Iran etc. We are the people who have to pay their prices. Pathetic.

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
BULLSHIT. What do you mean by ''their prices?'' Oil is sold at auction. It is the demand from India and China that is pushing up prices, as well as the output of oil-producing countries. Blame Chavez.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
i'm hedging against higher fuel prices by owning gold stocks and gold futures. so to some extent i like oil prices to skyrocket.

today gold's up about 3%, just llllllovely! :D

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
how does this work

Oil at $68/b was $3.00/gallon in USA last year

oil at $100/b is $2.85/gallon today

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Thanks to the US and their problems with Iraq, Iran etc. We are the people who have to pay their prices. Pathetic.
Please don't blame the American people for the administration's and governement's mishandlings overseas. :wavey:

·
RAVE ON
20,152 Posts
how does this work

Just wait until it works its way through the refinery system.

The only oil you may be able to afford is for your bicycle chain.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Of course that it is thanks to Bush and his pseudopolitics. Iraq was producer of oil. Thanks to his war the extraction of oil decreased or it exists no more. And what benefits have USA of it? A 90 - years old American grandpa ( not all people in this age remember own names ) monopolist in a american oil firma is now multimilionnair. Maybe he will devise share to Bush, who is surely about 70 years old. In this age ( people in physiological decline of life )the money is really the last thing, which is needed for people. What does it give for normal American citizens. Nothing. There were killed 18 000 Iraqi in 2007 according to official sources and 900 occupying american soldiers. It is really tragedy.

·
Registered
810 Posts
how does this work

The gallon of gasoline you buy at a filling station was refined from a barrel of oil purchased weeks, if not months, ago, so it reflects that price, not the current price, for a barrel of unrefined oil.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
The gallon of gasoline you buy at a filling station was refined from a barrel of oil purchased weeks, if not months, ago, so it reflects that price, not the current price, for a barrel of unrefined oil.
oil was in the 90's for the last 2 months and still in the 2.60-2.90 range per gallon...still lower than the 3.00 pg when it was 65-68 per barrel

·
Registered
810 Posts
BULLSHIT. What do you mean by ''their prices?'' Oil is sold at auction. It is the demand from India and China that is pushing up prices, as well as the output of oil-producing countries. Blame Chavez.
Yes, people need to look at consumption figures. China's unsated demand for oil is going to skyrocket over the next decade, and the geopolitical implications of that are going to make the Iraq war look like a bar fight.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I thought all European Greenies would be happy that oil prices are rising. That way we can't afford to drive anywhere --> we don't emit CO2 --> we save the environment. :angel:

We should be thanking America. ;)

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I thought all European Greenies would be happy that oil prices are rising. That way we can't afford to drive anywhere --> we don't emit CO2 --> we save the environment. :angel:

We should be thanking America. ;)
production costs increase , prices raise , poor people in southern countries struggle more :angel:

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
I wish more fuel alternatives could be developed. We were talking about the hydrogen car in school when I was 14; now, it's a possibility. Why does it take so long to get a hybrid car. Ethanol shows a lot of promise especially since the US is a grain nation. Why is it not available? If we could establish a more regular use of fuel alternatives, we wouldn't have to be at the mercy of OPEC. :eek:

·
Registered
810 Posts
I wish more fuel alternatives could be developed. We were talking about the hydrogen car in school when I was 14; now, it's a possibility. Why does it take so long to get a hybrid car. Ethanol shows a lot of promise especially since the US is a grain nation. Why is it not available? If we could establish a more regular use of fuel alternatives, we wouldn't have to be at the mercy of OPEC. :eek:
Ethanol is available right now. Virtually every car on the road today can use E-10 gasoline, and in most large states, you're buying it whether you know it or not. Look at the pump the next time you buy gas, and you'll probably see an E-10 sticker.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Ethanol is available right now. Virtually every car on the road today can use E-10 gasoline, and in most large states, you're buying it whether you know it or not. Look at the pump the next time you buy gas, and you'll probably see an E-10 sticker.
ethanol is not a solution, we can never grown enough corn to fuel all the cars. its a short term answer but not the solution.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Not in Louisiana. Our coastal towns thrive on refineries and would do anything to keep fuel alternatives out of the state. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts