Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
It's not like these long matches at the Grand Slams are on back-to-back days. I know the hours on court add up, but players do it all the time without crashing that badly.

·
The special one
14,037 Posts
It didn't prevent it, maybe something to do with the fact that he was on court nearly 5 hours beforehand. If we never had the super tb then the match could've went on another 20 or 30 mins longer at least. Not only that match perhaps an accumulation of the other 5 setters he had also caught up with him.

And no to BO3 at slams ffs. Bo5 is what separates the slams from other tournaments. It would be a terrible idea to remove that

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Speed up the courts...problem is with the slow ass courts,not with BO5. Especially the last year's USO which was probably the slowest HC slam I can remember. Players were struggling to hit through those courts. Atleast 1 HC Slam needs to be on fast HC

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I hope they change to best of 3 for Roland Garros and then big Zverev wins the next 21 slams and becomes the undisputed BOAT.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,631 Posts
He had too many long sets and matches overall. Third one of these and in this match, three TBs and two 6-4 sets with mostly extended rallies took its toll.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
You can make the courts faster or slower it doesnt matter.

When it comes to Kei he will find a way to play a 5 setter. I think its kind of SM in his part. He still thinks he can outlast his opponent, but he forgets he has a new one next round. Rafa use to do this. Now hes cuting it as short as possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts