1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ranking

Code:
[U][B]Rankings Explained:[/B][/U]
• Your ranking consists of 23 tournaments. The 4 Grand Slams + 9 Masters 1000s + 10 of your other best results 
  (from the 250s and 500s). If you qualify for the WTF at the end of the year that adds as your 24th tournament.
• Since the Grand Slams and 1000 tournaments are mandatory, missing any of them results in a score of "0"
• Only your best result of the week is counted each week towards your ranking
• The Race differs from the Rankings because Rankings only count 24 tournaments, whereas the Race includes your results 
  from every week of the calendar year.

·
Registered
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Official FITD Ranks 2015

No. 1 Players

Code:
[B][U]Player		Weeks[/U][/B]
Ria		92
supertec	53
Jens		35
wfrw07		33
Vassilis	23
amalyn		19
Snoo Foo	19
Björki		17
*Jean*		16
Synesthetic	14
Kamui010	14
DjokerFan3	11
bck.adi		11
andrijagajic	9
diego36arg	9
EnriqueIG8	8
Cheeky Chick	6
zxcv		4
Adder A216	3
jfrtennis	3
AgentZero	2
Ivanatis	2
Peta Pan	2
Fickelgruber	2
Forever-Delayed	1
RNW		1

·
Registered
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Announcements

• I will use the same system as last year.
  • New system will be used in 2016 (I hope :angel: )
  • The first thing will be post the 2014 final rankings and fix some mistakes in Oeiras, Halle, Munich, Nice and Delray Beach 2014.
  • I'm going to start to update since January.
  • I will try to update at least 1 or 2 weeks each day.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

The first thing will be post the 2014 final rankings and fix some mistakes in Oeiras, Halle, Munich, Nice and Delray Beach 2014.
I have already posted amended updates for these tournaments in their respective threads.

Here is the list of other tournaments that have errors in the final standings:

Memphis 2014 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30808258&postcount=91)
Dubai 2014 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30812234&postcount=87)
Queens 2014 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30824034&postcount=87)
Eastbourne 2014 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30840138&postcount=94)
Tokyo 2014
Brisbane 2015 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30826922&postcount=91)
Doha 2015
Auckland 2015 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30877074&postcount=110)
Quito 2015 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30929361&postcount=86)
Dubai 2015 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=30927249&postcount=90)
Roland Garros 2015 (done: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=31092225&postcount=116)

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

I can go through backwards through the list ^^ from RG and make amendments if that will help too. I think I started helping BMT on RG anyways, so I have that spreadsheet on my desktop. :) If anyone else starts from Memphis working forward, we will no doubt meet somewhere along the line :D
Thanks for the list Synesthetic. :wavey:

·
Registered
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I can go through backwards through the list ^^ from RG and make amendments if that will help too. I think I started helping BMT on RG anyways, so I have that spreadsheet on my desktop. :) If anyone else starts from Memphis working forward, we will no doubt meet somewhere along the line :D
Thanks for the list Synesthetic. :wavey:
Tomorrow I'm going to do the 2014 tournaments of this way we could have finally the last update from 2014 :p

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

I'll post the correct scores for the 2014 tournaments today (I just did Memphis).

Thanks a lot for the help JJ! Just saw your posts in the tournament threads. You can leave Brisbane to me if you want, I have the spreadsheet for it ready and I'll post it a bit later. With Doha, I think everyone except 2 players have 20 points too many, it's possibly related to the Youzhny-Basilashvili match. If bryan's around maybe he can double check this :p

I just remembered that there was an issue with Dubai 2015 (Rekanto appears twice), so I added it to the list

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

Dubai 2015, Auckland, Doha done. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

I think some of the errors are still there in those. I'll briefly explain each one:

Auckland: Freak3yman84 should be 24th instead of 4th. It looks like he picked Robredo to win the tournament BEFORE the draw changed with Ferrer's withdrawal, which means that his Robredo pick should have been replaced with Lu, not Pouille. This means that he should have 9 points less than in those standings (since Pouille made the SFs). Additionally, I believe digor is missing 8 points for some reason and should be tied for 25th, and powellewan is missing 5 points.

Dubai: I should have explained this more clearly before. Rekanto submitted 2 draws, the first one with Federer as the winner and the second with Djokovic to win. The second draw should have replaced the first, but both draws were included in the spreadsheet and due to a bug both were displayed as the Federer draw. If the Djokovic draw counts, he should be =37th instead of 4th. This is a significant amount of points since Dubai is an ATP500. Also, dashedcartoon and ProdigyEng have 9 points too many due to an oversight with the qualifiers in one section of the draw (they picked [Q]Ward to make the QFs, but all "Qualifiers" in everyone's QF picks were replaced with [Q]Ilhan who did make the QFs from that section).

Doha: In my spreadsheet, all players except torakichi5025 and GrishaFTW have 4 points less than in the posted final standings. They were the only 2 players to pick [Q]Basilashvili to beat Youzhny in R1. I'm not sure how to explain this discrepancy though.

Please don't feel like you have to do them again though, these are for the most part fairly minor errors and I never intended to make anyone else go to the trouble of doing this. I'll eventually get around to posting the correct scores, but you guys should feel free to go ahead with the rankings work without finishing these corrections since most of them will probably only mean a few points difference here and there

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

It also looks like no final update was posted for Tokyo 2014 :eek: I will try to post it later today

There's also nothing in the Kuala Lumpur thread, but bhamism posted a link to the final standings that he did

·
Registered
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

It also looks like no final update was posted for Tokyo 2014 :eek: I will try to post it later today

There's also nothing in the Kuala Lumpur thread, but bhamism posted a link to the final standings that he did
Don't worry about final standings of 2014 tournaments I know Manuel aready calculate those and the points in the rankings are correct ;). I'm going make the 2014 final update tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
17,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Ranking

As of Monday, January 5th 2015​

• Added : Brisbane 2015, Chennai 2015, Doha 2015
    Dropped : Brisbane 2014, Chennai 2014, Doha 2014

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Re: Official FITD Ranks 2015 │ January 12th!

Thanks for the hard wokr Bry. But are you using the old points system?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

Yes Fargif, the decision was made to use the 2014 system and finalise the new system for 2016.

@Synesthetic, oops sorry, I forgot to check back in here... I didn't realise those mistakes and was just going off the final standings that had already been posted. Sorry :wavey: I did not expect to check the actual picks of each player and so I didn't create a new spreadsheet for each to double check. I will see if I can do this for you guys later in the week, starting with the earlier ones so they are ready to go for bry. :banana:

EDIT: Doha is correct, I found that Basilashvili discrepancy and noted it in the final standing I posted if I remember correctly, it only moved 3 players in the lower standings. The discrepancy was probably due to not putting the winner in for that particular Rd1 match, everyone who picked Youzhny ended up with 4 points less. ;)
I will do Auckland and Dubai ASAP.

EDIT2: Actually, that might have been in RG.... hmmmm... I will double check Doha too! :lol:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts

Done :D Thanks Synesthetic :wavey:

·
Registered
7,088 Posts

Yes Fargif, the decision was made to use the 2014 system and finalise the new system for 2016.

@Synesthetic, oops sorry, I forgot to check back in here... I didn't realise those mistakes and was just going off the final standings that had already been posted. Sorry :wavey: I did not expect to check the actual picks of each player and so I didn't create a new spreadsheet for each to double check. I will see if I can do this for you guys later in the week, starting with the earlier ones so they are ready to go for bry. :banana:

EDIT: Doha is correct, I found that Basilashvili discrepancy and noted it in the final standing I posted if I remember correctly, it only moved 3 players in the lower standings. The discrepancy was probably due to not putting the winner in for that particular Rd1 match, everyone who picked Youzhny ended up with 4 points less. ;)
I will do Auckland and Dubai ASAP.

EDIT2: Actually, that might have been in RG.... hmmmm... I will double check Doha too! :lol:

Why change back to a system that was outdated? And to make a new one next year while we were already halft way tru this season? I fail to understand why a new system never got a chance.

Last time i checked the vote was tied.

Im getting tired of this nonsense...

·
Registered
7,273 Posts

I fail to understand why a new system never got a chance.

Last time i checked the vote was tied.
You answered your own question. The discussions about the new system dragged too much without everyone getting to a final version. Getting back to the old system and actually having rankings was the sensitive thing to do in this situation. The discussions for the new system can continue so that we will have something ready for next year.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts