Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this on the atp website and was just wondering if anyone here has it already or has got past copies and if so is it worth the purchase. I think its combined with the wta and has 700 pages altogether filled with player bios, stats and feature articles.

thanx for the feedback :wavey:

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
I have never looked at another book, as much as I have looked at that one. SO handy.

It's $50 in stores. How much on the site?

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$5 for 800 pages .. this has to be a mistake, right?
you've got the 2006 version their mate :)

yeah the 08 one is a US $20 on that tennis warehouse website, I think i'll probally get as it seems as if it will last a while.

BTW Kristen did you buy the book in Sydney and if so where.

Thanx mate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have all editions since 1990. Back then, it was a must and for me the book was my way into becoming a tennis addict. Now, with all the info online, I'm getting it more for collective purposes. I think the format is very good, with a lot of background information for all top 100 guys in just one page (two pages for the top names).

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I've been buying the Guide for the past three years and find it very helpful and a time saver. As it is a Guide to Professional Tennis it profiles both ATP and WTA players. It also offers a number of historic results including Davis Cup. If you are only interested in one or two players then the Guide is probably not worth the money but if your professional tennis interest is broader I would say it is a useful purchase.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
The book is really really good. I get one every year. It is full of great information. I also use it as my autograph book!!

·
Yes, I am
21,208 Posts
my "source" sends my a free copies every year. should be getting it soon :D
I'd like to contact your source.....:scratch:
I mean from $ 12,50 to almost $ 50 in shipping for a $ 20 book...you know....I'd like one of them to be at least for free...:spit:

:rolls:

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
if you want just a ATP version, they have copies at the ATP tourns, need to get friendly with one of the media guys to get you one.

same goes for if you want just a WTA version.
they dont sell them on their own though.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
I've founf the book from time to time in Sydney and Melbourne, usually in Angus and Robertson. $50. But bloody hard to come by!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh I would like to have this book, but it is unable to buy it in our shops(I always ask, why they sell Chanel and important things like this book not???:confused:)
Buying it on the tennis-warehouse would included horrible shipping. (I don´t think that real shipping is as expensive as e-shops claim:angel:..the chapepest shippinh is 45 dollars...)
So:rolleyes:..I just wanted to complain;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts