Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite on month off or because of too much training, some players would have to delay their season start.

List and getting longer : Pouille Murray Nishikori....

·
The special one
14,387 Posts
Andy has been struggling with this groin injury since DC (I wish he'd just pulled out of that completely) and cut his training block in Miami, so it's no surprise he's pulled out of this.

Hopefully he's good to go in time for AO because it would completely suck if he once again had to pull out of another slam because of injury.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
murray shouldnt come back yet if he is not ready, he must be fit and coming back to a BO5 set setting might not be the best idea, I say he should take on smaller events after the AO and work his way slowly back up to match fitness again

Reactions: Sara X

·
Rankings Master
15,886 Posts
At least Murray waited for team placement deadline to withdraw, so GB can still participate. Federer left early enough to take the whole of Switzerland out of this thing as well.

·
Registered
21,785 Posts
At least Murray waited for team placement deadline to withdraw, so GB can still participate. Federer left early enough to take the whole of Switzerland out of this thing as well.
Isn’t it better to always withdraw early? People always complain about players withdrawing too late because it ruins the draw and etc. Isn’t what Federer did more preferable imo

·
Rankings Master
15,886 Posts
Isn’t it better to always withdraw early? People always complain about players withdrawing too late because it ruins the draw and etc. Isn’t what Federer did more preferable imo
Fair enough, and there is also the fact that Federer's decision was based on the calendar, while these other ones are all caused by unfortunate injury which nobody wants.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
is it wrong that i was kind of hoping there'd be a mass exodus of top players at the last minute and that this event would fall flat. cancel it after a year or 2

·
Super Moderator
10,846 Posts
is it wrong that i was kind of hoping there'd be a mass exodus of top players at the last minute and that this event would fall flat. cancel it after a year or 2
I Can't understand why, a Round Robin of TSITSIPAS / ZVEREV / SHAPOVALOV / DE MINAUR itself is better then anything we've seen before AO in recent years. Roger and Novak vulturing week 1 hasn't been that exciting !!

week 2 events have always been useless, week 1 marginally better, with players out of form, this way everyone involved is guaranteed 3 matches before AO, unlikely half playing 1 match going into AO with little form.

Biggest mistake was keeping Doha on the schedule and not involving more players, more depth and matches, ditch doubles and have best of 3 singles, with some adjustments to involve most of the top players and not low ranked players from countries with few players like Greece/Georgia and Moldova, include neighboring players instead for depth is all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts