Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which winner would cause the most ruins?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic - the expected winner, slam tally would be 20-18-17. Not much ruins, all of the big 3 fans would be okay with the outcome, I bet. The people wanting a new winner would be disappointed but not that much since Djoko is the king of AO.
Nadal - Fed fans in ruins since the gap is only one slam now.
Federer - I can just imagine the whining about easy draws, chokes, bullying and asterisks. Maybe bigger ruins than Nadal's after all.
Wawrinka - Solidifies himself as a top tier player and big 3 tormentor. Andy fans in massive ruins because 4 > 3.
Thiem - Likable game, you could say mini-Wawrinka. Though he has made some annoying comments about the Olympics, I think this one would be well accepted.
Zverev - the guy who never did anything at slams comes out of nowhere and wins it, screaming "IT'S MY FUCKING COURT!!!" in the end :cool: Slight ruins only.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Is this even a question?

The most hated player in the polls conducted every year here, Rafa, winning the title would cause the most ruins.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Is this even a question?

The most hated player in the polls conducted every year here, Rafa, winning the title would cause the most ruins.
Nadal may always win that poll but the most celebrated and noisiest trolls here in MTF hate Nole the most. So I guess the win that will make these trolls disgusted the most would be that of Novak.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
A Nadal win would tie Federer and put him in position to take the lead with Roland Garros coming up. Djokovic would have lost what many consider his "home slam." Every additional slam Nadal wins from then on would add to the number Djokovic has to win just to catch up.

This thread is all pointless speculation of course.

·
justice for all
15,277 Posts
Let’s be honest: Nadal and it’s not even close.
But, what will be will be. That’s only sport so people should not lose their heads for it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Obviously Nadal and it's not even close c'mon, MTF is known for despising him and seeing him tie their GOAT's record would put half of this place on suicide watch.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Zverev. It would ruin all 3 fanbases, Nadal's bcs he didn't tie the slam chase with Fed losing to Zverev of all, Fed's and Novak's bcs they didn't snatch +1 before the clay on which Nadal is a lock to win.
And for me personally, any form of Zverev's celebration would turn my digestive system inside-out. It's not hate, it's just I can't stand the guy, and his demeanour.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Before the tournament, I would have said Nadal, but after what has happened in the meantime, I think a win by Federer would create ruins previously unheard of.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Nadal or Federer.

With Nadal it means he's tied with Rogie in the slam race and with RG impending, he could overtake him by May.

With Rogie, it means two more over RAFA and 4 more over King. And then you add the Sandgren and Millman matches and you could see how much ruins it could cause.

Truth be told, I'm here for any of these happening.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Always Rafa.

Next Fed given his tournament.

Zverev would cause some ruins but mainly chuckles I presume.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Hopefully Rafa has 2012 Berdych flashbacks here, calls upon that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts