Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Centralito packed to watch the real Portuguese number one on an unexpected win, in my opinion. Hanescu next.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:facepalm: GGL such a frikking mug

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
GGL wasn't that bad. Elias was just amazing. Best performance of his life.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
amazing run gastao :woohoo:

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
I was there. My 1st time live tennis tournament. These are really the matches I am going to remember.

Centralito well, I always liked centralito, but after today, I have no doubts of calling Centralito the best tennis court of the world in terms of atmosphere. Words cannot descrive really. I watch live some epic matches of football and nothing comes close to this. Only thing I can say about it. Needles to say, Organizers fordinnen the entrance of the people at some point. I was lucky I got in time! Anyway, FUCKING MADNESS!

Gastao was too perfect really. In his peak, he is the best portuguese ever. Huge shame about his consistence though. GGL wasn't even bad, but Gastao made him look like a CH player. God, that backhand from Pepe. Yummy!!!!!

Having say this, GGL will most likely never come back here, lol. Lost twice today against portuguese players, both of them with Gastao in the other side of the court. He lost at least 4 times with home players here. And most unbulieveble, ALL in Centralito. Crowd was booing him a lot today too and also booed him back in 2010 vs. Gil.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
"It was, without a doubt, a moment I'm going to take with me for the rest of my life. It was a unique thing, I have never felt something even close to this. We, the players, play for this and it's always a unique feeling, to feel the support from people. There was people in the grass, in he roof [laughs]... It was one of the best moments of my carrer until today, and I believe until the rest of my life too" said Gastão

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
lucky he defended those points he made the sf here last year losing to wawrinka i think

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
lucky he defended those points he made the sf here last year losing to wawrinka i think
It was QF. Defeated Zeballos and Istomin. And as he already showed this year, it was anything but lucky.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts