Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't say I'm surprised. Sousa has been helpless on clay. Maybe it's time for Gastão or Machado to shine.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: Oeiras R1: Mayer def. Sousa 36 61 62

Pathetic in front of his own country.
Against Mayer of all.

Sousa is just a pathetic pusher, it is beyond me how he managed to win a title.
He could do it only against Benneauchoker.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I thought I would never se Mayer coming through one set down to reach the victory lol

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Tough loss for Sousa, but not unexpected.

Mayer is actually a better clay courter. His ranking is low because of his unreal choking abilities. He's a top 40 talent for sure.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

Mayer is actually a better clay courter. His ranking is low because of his unreal choking abilities. He's a top 40 talent for sure.
you are right, Mayer is way more skilled than Sousa but Leo's 2014 is really awful. Surpise to me he won this match, he played very well in the qualy though

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Sousa cannot play on clay amymore. He becomes a pusher, because he has no power to hit through opponents and today 80% of the shots weren't even reaching service line. That was how bad is depht was today. Credit for Leo serve today. Consistently dropping bombs over 210 km/h. João could never read his serve. And very solid and also powerfull FHs from Leo.

Tbh, João was luck to win that first set. Terrible attitude from João, but that's not the first time and it won't be last one either. There goes the seeding at RG.

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you are right, Mayer is way more skilled than Sousa but Leo's 2014 is really awful. Surpise to me he won this match, he played very well in the qualy though
He already made a final this year, only losing to Fog. Yes he had a losing streak, but those end, eventually :lol:

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
I was at this match, pathetic implosion from Sousa after winning the first set but the crowd didn't help much either, very tame support overall.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
out of form+on clay against a clay courter.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
just saw set 2 and 3. Sousa was completely outclassed. Depth in Mayers shots was too much for him everytime.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

fully agreed.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Omg Joao. Watched the last sets and all I saw was Leo dominating him with that big forehand. Joao is just harmless on clay. Has no big shots or heavy topspin to really hurt his opponent.
By the way, Leo played an extraordinary service game at 4-0 second set, where he sudenly fell apart and served 5 double faults in that game. :spit: Otherwise a really good performance.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I couldn't tell this before. But João didn't wanted to play this tournament. He was here only because... he have to be.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I couldn't tell this before. But João didn't wanted to play this tournament. He was here only because... he have to be.
Mean that he special losing :mad: Why he don't want play here?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
humilliated at home :lol: bye

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
You couldn't tell this before but you're allowed to tell it now? Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

Even if he didn't want to be here, he's a professional and when he steps out on court, he needs to give it his all. Stop making excuses for him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts