Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berdych limped through here. His forehand was absolutely awful was most of the match, found it just at the right time at the end of the second and nailed a forehand right on the line when Mayer had BP at 4-4 in the second, Mayer was so close to serving for the match. Then he started nailing everything for a while, until an implosion at 2-0 40-0 in the third where he ended up being broken and then broken again, but he recovered in time for the victory.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Quoting myself from live commentary thread: "Still Leonardo Mugyer will find a way to lose, he always does when he has a competitive match against a good player."

Jellyfish >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Leonardo Mugyer when it comes to mental toughness.

One of the most understated, biggest, consistent chokers on tour, this Leonardo Mugyer.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
Berdych was terrible and Mayer choked away a win he should have had. Still, Tomas was better than Milos here this week and should go on to win this tournament.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Leo has a lot of talent but his mental game needs work. I believe he is as good as any of these top players, he just doesn't think he can beat them and his mental game is a huge weakness.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Once again all of those "tanking" nuts of MTF are left in ruins. At the beginning of the second set all you could hear (read) in live commentary thread was "tanking, tank..." :spit:

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once again all of those "tanking" nuts of MTF are left in ruins. At the beginning of the second set all you could hear (read) in live commentary thread was "tanking, tank..." :spit:
I know. It's like a player's level can't drop :lol:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:spit:

What a mug this Leo

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Leo has a lot of talent but his mental game needs work. I believe he is as good as any of these top players, he just doesn't think he can beat them and his mental game is a huge weakness.
He can`t even beat top 50 players. He should be ranked in the top 40. But he`s a mental midget and I don`t see clearly if he can work about that:(

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Hopefully Tomas can get a title here. Good year so far for him, deserves some titles.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Tomas was awful !! :eek:
But at least pass through :bounce:

Win it all !!!

Leo :hug:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
...a win is a win

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Berdy finding some form, stay strong.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Berdych's press conference. I ask him one question in the first half, but from around 6:00 on it's basically a dialogue between me and Tomas, great interview.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Berdych's press conference. I ask him one question in the first half, but from around 6:00 on it's basically a dialogue between me and Tomas, great interview.

Well done.

Good tough questioning and you had clearly done your homework. The way it should be.

Garry Richardson and co, take note.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts