Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some last-minute Christmas shopping today, I concluded that I must do it earlier in the year for a few reasons:

The malls are just too packed at this time of year. Between shoppers stepping on your toes and vendors pitching everything from dipping dots to pretzels, I think my time would be better spent going when the mad dash is not going on. Better for my purse, too.

While the parking was not a problem, the traffic was horrendous. It took me nearly a half-hour to get out of the mall parking lot. And, what's worse, some people have no business driving, period. They're an accident waiting to happen! And....I thought I saw Paula Deen right there in the parking lot; alas, it was her stand-in, who incidentally looked like my elementary school principal's secretary.

OK, on to my favorite (well, almost) bookstore, Joseph-Beth Booksellers. I love to sit in the bookstore cafe and lounge a bit and read. This time, I ordered an appetizer, phyllo dough with brie cheese, sprinkled with walnuts and caramel, served on a bed of lettuce with pears sprinkled around the perimeter. This dessert/appetizer was so divine, truffles and chocolate would have a serious run for its money. It's a new favorite now, along with their legendary hot chocolate.

And, finally, the drive home. I must have been too busy to realize that the day has gotten a little longer because the solstice has passed (or is it still going on?). I admired the red and blue sky as the sun went down, wishing that I could get a digital camera to capture the vivid imagery of it all. Now, it's dark, and another day is almost finished. Maybe I'll cozy up with a book later and sip some tea or coffee.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I said I would complete my Christmas shopping in October this year too. As always, I don't. Force of habit maybe?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts