(15)CANAS, Guillermo ARG vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA
(WC)NIEMEYER, Frederic CAN vs ANCIC, Mario CRO
SODERLING, Robin SWE vs SAFIN, Marat RUS
BYE vs (2)NADAL, Rafael

Not bad...:)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hopefully David can win one match here. (or more)

If he plays against Ferrer, I believe it will be the first time they've met on a faster surface.

It would be good if over the next few weeks David can win enough to get into the 17-24 seeding range in the U.S Open. He is at 26 at the moment which would guarantee a meeting with a top 8 player in the 3rd round.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
For me its a GREAT DRAW! :)

Qualifier for R1 and the worst Seeded for R2..

What can ruin it?? Well that the qualifier will be Haase, Or Goldstein or... :scared: Lopez!

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Hopefully David can win one match here. (or more)

If he plays against Ferrer, I believe it will be the first time they've met on a faster surface.
No, it won't. They met in the 2005 AO in the opening round and the 2005 NASDAQ/Ericsson Open. They have split their series on fast surfaces 1-1, so I don't think I'd even give David an advantage on even this surface. We'll see though.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i don't like the R2 match against ferrer, david only won one time in their H2H and it was a tough match, but who know ? ;)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
No, it won't. They met in the 2005 AO in the opening round and the 2005 NASDAQ/Ericsson Open. They have split their series on fast surfaces 1-1, so I don't think I'd even give David an advantage on even this surface. We'll see though.
I wouldn't consider Miami (it looked very slow this year) or the Australian Open (medium-pace) as a fast surface. Also, both are higher bouncing surfaces.

Anyway, I would give a slight advantage in comparison to if they were playing on clay, that's all I meant, but I don't think he will win.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Good look to David against Falla :rocker: . The match has just started. By the way the courts at Montreal aren't fast, they are mid-paced and significantly slower than the courts at Flushing Meadows and Cincinnati.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
David's 1st serve percentage is terrible, but he has been hitting his groundstrokes very well, with his angled backhand looking effective and his forehand (which has gone off the boil in the past 12 months) functioning well. He leads 6-4 *2-0

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
David won 6-4 6-3 :)
His backhand was generally excellent. The depth and penetration of his forehand was encouraging (his forehand declining over the past 12 months was a key reason behind his poor results). His 1st serve percentage was a measley 44%, and I think that his bogeyman Ferrer will punish that in the next round.
Still, David's groundstrokes had a lot of bite to them, and he has lost some weight since Wimbledon. Apparently he went straight to work with Jaite after Los Angeles, and has been working hard over the past 3 weeks to improve his fitness and shape.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
thanks for the report Scott. So he played well apart from his serve... good luck against your dark horse next round david, VAMOS !!! :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Thanks Scott for the info. I'm glad to know his groundstrokes were pretty good. He'll need to serve better to beat Ferrer though. I can't wait to watch him play some good tennis again.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Thanks Scott for the info. I'm glad to know his groundstrokes were pretty good. He'll need to serve better to beat Ferrer though. I can't wait to watch him play some good tennis again.

Que mal comienzo Julio!!!, espero que mejoren as soon as possible :D

------------------------------------------------------------

Well done DAVID!!!!!, but he served really bad. he will have to improve to def Ferrer

:wavey:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Que mal comienzo Julio!!!, espero que mejoren as soon as possible :D

------------------------------------------------------------

Well done DAVID!!!!!, but he served really bad. he will have to improve to def Ferrer

We don't care too much about this season. We are just training for the Cup next year.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts