Mens Tennis Forums banner

top 10 player or not?

• YES, it was just sooo amazing that he hung in there and won 21-19 in the final set

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • NO, i still won'tgive him any credit

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • don't know

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes, but I did before this match anyways because he would have been what, No.6 (?) even if he had lost.

What will his ranking be now?

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Consistent enough in beating players ranked far below him. He's yet to show real talent.

I don't need to be objective, Hurley. You like him, so you're biased as well. You want his ass though, so perhaps you're more-so.

He is a top ten player, but he hasn't proved that he should be. He's still all hype and little talent. The way he progressed into the semifinals doesn't prove anything to the contrary.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so can u say the samething about Daniela Hantuchova because she's the same story.she's pretty much beaten nobody in the top ten except for maybe 3 i think, and only won 1 tournament??? it's not Andy's fault if the players he's suppose to play allbow out before he gets a chance

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Well he did beat the player that took down Lleyton Hewitt...

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
it's not Andy's fault if the players he's suppose to play allbow out before he gets a chance
*ahem*

Do you want me to count the number of times that Andy lost before he could play a top player as well?

No need to let on like the whole tour is losing before they have a shot at Andy.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
If you're indifferent toward Andy, then why aren't you spending
more time chatting about your favorite player? Is it because, just
like the media, you can't stop thinking about him?

Why repeat that he's no good over and over like a nervous tick, hoping that he's not #1 material?

Why not boast about Ferrero, Hewitt, Safin, Federer, and
now, El Aynaoui instead? I'm sure they've never been beaten
by anyone below #50. It's ok to want Agassi as a substitute for your favorite
player who didn't qualify for the semifinals. That's the only chance
to keep Andy from succeeding and calm your seething anger.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Rebecca said:
*ahem*

Do you want me to count the number of times that Andy lost before he could play a top player as well?

No need to let on like the whole tour is losing before they have a shot at Andy.
He/she wasn't. The post was addressed to those who say that Andy doesn't beat top players, which means he apparently sucks and isn't a top 10-calibur player... even though, he kinda, is!?

Anyway, so the point is, people always say he only advanced 'cause he's playing lower ranked players, but the higher ranked players keep getting upset. There is nothing Andy can do about that. If the higher ranked players like Lleyton, Ferrero, and Federer can't win over a lower ranked player, then Andy will never play these guys!! And if Andy can beat the lower ranks and the others can't, I guess the others are really more pathetic. And that's kinda funny, hehe

·
Registered
496 Posts
I agree with heya & Mrs. Guga.

To answer the poll question. Heck yeah. :D

Go Andy!!!! :bounce:

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
andy was a top ten also before this match,he's a great player and he'll rule tennis world next years along with Safin,Federer,Ferrero and uhm Hewitt.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I'm still not becoming a fan of Andy, but have to give him credit for the win. Younes may not be a top 10 player, but it was a good win. I still don't think he can compete with the big boys.
Andy reminds me of Hewitt in a way, cause Hewitt has more titles than the other new balls, but his 1st titles came in small tournaments and so do Andy's wins.
Just glad to see the drama queen not faking any cramping. That's a step in the right direction for him. Oh yeah those linecalls were dubious sometimes.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Congrats to Andy. But what about Younes. He beat the number 1 player in the world and now he pushed the #6 player in the world to the limit. I'm more impressed with him. At 31, he's still playing incredible tennis after 5 hours. And he's ever so gracious even after losing the match.

And at 19-18, he got rubbed a match point for a bad line call and he barely argued (maybe too tired to). So now, I hope I'll never hear ppl complaining about Andy didn't win USO 01 because he got rubbed by a bad line call when he played against Hewitt. I mean, apparently everyone has a fair share of bad call.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts