Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I dont know how to embed tweets but someone can do it.

So for the record, in the last year and a bit, this dude has started fights with a 19 Slam winner, a 17 Slam winner, World #4 (Zverev) and now in a disagreement (he didn't start mind you) with a 6 time slam winner.

It is so obvious and see through that he is disappointed at where his own career is at, and is lashing out at people more successful than him. Nick is not fooling anyone.

And I, as someone of similar racial situation to Nick - a brown man who grew up in Australia- agree with this tweet from Boris:

"I really would like to se
@NickKyrgios
fulfill his potential and win a grandslam! He would be an incredible role model for for the youth of the world addressing the issues of equality/race/heritage! Man up buddy and deliver"

Ofcourse, Boris will be criticized for this tweet because he is a white man, but he is correct. Nick is dealing with the elephant in the room of him being a brown/black guy in tennis (and Nick admitting that he has sometimes felt marginalized) in the wrong way. He can be a great warrior like Serena (whatever you think of her, she has deliverered), instead he is backing away from his potential and preferring to engage in mindless online arguments.

What do you all think?

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
LoL what a circus.

Nick not fooling anyone, you can see straight through him, he's a dumb lazyass envious of those far more successful. On other hand Boris is a clown of course, we all know that. Very poor of him to call Nick "rat".

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
I mean he’s entitled to defend his ‘guys’ like Djokovic and Zverev, especially latter who will have a harder time with dealing this negative PR than an experienced Djokovic, but he just could have worded it better. It never looks good to attack personally first, even less in social media. ‘Rats’ was just completely superfluous

·
Registered
17,890 Posts
For a #rat, Kyrgios has much more brain than I thought for possible.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP trying desperately to make this about race.
Boris brought up race not me.

I'm just disappointed that a dude so talented like him is wasting his talent.

There haven't been many brown/black men win slams. He could be such an inspiration and inspire so many to take up the sport.

When this brother came on the scene, I really thought that he was going to be special.

It hurts to see him acting like a washed up clown.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I'm just disappointed that a dude so talented like him is wasting his talent.

There haven't been many brown/black men win slams. He could be such an inspiration and inspire so many to take up the sport.
You could say the exact same thing about Monfils, for example.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
This is disgraceful from Boris.

Where is the fight though, I'm only seeing one guy insulting another guy. Has Kyrgios replied? I feel that a harsh reply is warranted after being called a rat

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Brad Gilbert had it right, BB Socrates indeed.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I just wanna say one thing to boris on this

Never fight with a pig, You both get dirty and the pig likes it ..

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Boris's tweet is the sound of privilege defending privilege against truth and accountability.

Doesn't Nick know that the elite of this world don't have to follow rules like the rest of us?

·
justice for all
16,221 Posts
The longer this hiatus and pandemic last the bigger circus it all becomes.
The ones who will come out of it sane will be the real winners. No wonder Fed has decided to stay away from it and keep quiet. Smart ass he is, isn’t he?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You could say the exact same thing about Monfils, for example.
Gael has performed much better than Nick without making a fool of himself with bad/self destructive behaviour. I agree he could have done alot better, but he has done pretty well the last few years.

Also Gael has a different type of personality. Non confrontational and happy-go-lucky. For that type of guy, winning slams may genuinely not be that important to him.

Nick on the other hand has a very aggressive edge to him. He is a warrior deep down, in spirit. You saw it earlier in his career. He loves DIRECT competition and conflict.

That is why it's so sad to see him like this. He is so obviously disappointed with where his career is at, that is why he is taking shots at guys above him.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Look, everybody knows Boris Beckers off court behavour is a giant joke. From boning cheap sluts in the broom closet and losing all his money because he thinks he can play poker, Becker never misses an opportunity to embarass himself.

So he is really the last guy who can say anything about Kyrgios. I mean, he tried to be a fake ambassador of some random country just to escape bankruptcy by claiming political immunity. What more do I need to say?

Calling Kyrgios a "rat" for condemn a payting vid made public by someone else is as low as it gets.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
I am sorry, maybe I am being intellectually challenged here (my brain is fried after pulling an all nigher and working for 21 hours straight), but I need a clarification.
Did BB call NK a rat in one tweet and a potential incredible role model for the youth in the next one? :unsure:

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Can Aussies here confirm about the meaning of "doughnut" in urban Aussie slang?

1 - 20 of 137 Posts