Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
Novak Djokovic
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If he plays on Saturday, he could get 3 days off. He would play Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday.

I hope he gets the early start.

Registered
Novak Djokovic
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tsitsipas hates Novak. That alone would help him peak against Novak.

As for the draw.. it's fair..but the heat remains my biggest worry; not any opponent.
Yes, I worry about the heat very much, too.

But 2 things make me optimistic: 1. matches are Bo3, so we won't have a repeat of the Nishikori match at the USO. He can handle 2 sets, if he doesn't gake the scenic route. 2. He has been training there and he looks very happy and healthy in the pictures you posted. He looks confident that he will handle the conditions.

So yes, I am optimistic about the gold. 馃馃嚪馃嚫馃挜馃槏

Registered
Yes, I worry about the heat very much, too.

But 2 things make me optimistic: 1. matches are Bo3, so we won't have a repeat of the Nishikori match at the USO. He can handle 2 sets, if he doesn't gake the scenic route. 2. He has been training there and he looks very happy and healthy in the pictures you posted. He looks confident that he will handle the conditions.

So yes, I am optimistic about the gold. 馃馃嚪馃嚫馃挜馃槏
It'll be brutal. 90 degrees f (32 celsius) and sunny, but will feel more like 100 due to the humidity. But then again, the conditions are the same for everyone, so...

Anyway, you're right about the Bo3! This isn't a slam. That makes me optimistic too. It's much different needing to win only two sets compared to three.

But also, he wants this bad. Nothing will prevent destiny ;)

Moderator | PreviewBot
I think Zverev is harder than Tsitsipas these days. Tsitsipas is still in shock after that defeat in RG.

I am scared of Struff, but all in all I think it's a fair draw.

I'm glad Carre帽o Busta is on the other half 馃槀
Dont fear struff. He just ramdom peaks 1 in 10 matches. He's not due for while. Stef is as patriotic as they come. His idol is ex greek n1- ranked 120 high or somethin.

Its a good draw i guess. Ithjink millman,rublev,zverev,med is path

Reactions: Yolita

Registered

Registered
Ugh I had a scared this morning from NBC reporting that Djokovic had tested positive, then I saw the date, it was old news, but for some reason it was on their peacock tennis news from the olympics -.-

Registered
Novak Djokovic
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ugh I had a scared this morning from NBC reporting that Djokovic had tested positive, then I saw the date, it was old news, but for some reason it was on their peacock tennis news from the olympics -.-
I'm so used to people resucitating bad news about Novak to keep the pot boiling that I have to pinch myself when I read positive news about him. 馃槀

Still, I can't help being worried. He's the belle of the ball at the Olympic Village :love:: everybody wants a selfie with him. And everybody gets it. I've seen athletes from all over the world posting their pictures with Novak.

And I love that he's so popular and beloved and admired. 馃挀 But I worry. 馃槀

Registered
Novak Djokovic
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dont fear struff. He just ramdom peaks 1 in 10 matches. He's not due for while. Stef is as patriotic as they come. His idol is ex greek n1- ranked 120 high or somethin.

Its a good draw i guess. Ithjink millman,rublev,zverev,med is path
I know about Struff. But they all peak against Novak: they want to become instant heroes. 馃槀馃槶

Registered
Novak Djokovic
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Registered
I'm so used to people resucitating bad news about Novak to keep the pot boiling that I have to pinch myself when I read positive news about him. 馃槀

Still, I can't help being worried. He's the belle of the ball at the Olympic Village :love:: everybody wants a selfie with him. And everybody gets it. I've seen athletes from all over the world posting their pictures with Novak.

And I love that he's so popular and beloved and admired. 馃挀 But I worry. 馃槀
I saw that too, contrary of what the horrid haters and some media say about him, people actually like him, he is very happy to be there.

Premium Member
His path probably will be
R3: Musetti/Davidovich Fokina
QF: Rublev/Nishikori
SF: Zverev
F: Medvedev

Musetti is half as tough on hardcourt, Rublev he never played, but on slower hard he can handle the Russian.
The real tough matches will await him in the semis and in the final, anything is possible there if Zverev (or Karatsev) peaks there and Medvedev could be a real tough nut to crack if he has a super serving day. Nole is probably ready himself with proper returning.

Tsitsipas hates Novak. That alone would help him peak against Novak.

As for the draw.. it's fair..but the heat remains my biggest worry; not any opponent.
He will play the last match well into late afternoon鈥揺arly evening on Saturday, there won't be any heat by then.

Registered
He may start around 4-6 pm local, depending on when the other matches conclude, which definitely helps, as the heat won't be as intense.

I hope he gets to play last every match. :)

Premium Member

Registered
Novak Djokovic
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Nice to see him practicing with Zverev. 馃槏 I saw him practicing with Murray, too.

He's having a blast. He looks in great shape and great spirits.

I will not be able able to watch his match today, because I think it will be at about 4pm local time. That's 2am for me. I just can't do it. 馃槶

Good luck, dear Novak. 馃檹 (y)

The fight for gold begins today!馃馃挭馃憡

Registered
Tennis starts in 6 ho
Nice to see him practicing with Zverev. 馃槏 I saw him practicing with Murray, too.

He's having a blast. He looks in great shape and great spirits.

I will not be able able to watch his match today, because I think it will be at about 4pm local time. That's 2am for me. I just can't do it. 馃槶

Good luck, dear Novak. 馃檹 (y)

The fight for gold begins today!馃馃挭馃憡
Unselfishly, we always want him to play last though ;)

Registered
Novak Djokovic
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Tennis starts in 6 ho

Unselfishly, we always want him to play last though ;)
Indeed... I hope he plays last every single match. 馃槀

21 - 40 of 69 Posts