Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
weird read so far tbh. as if it wasn't clear that both rafa and thiem still are the early favs for RG, no tarding could change that.
get a grip, folks.
Sure... you know better. Betting houses have it at #1 Rafa and #2 Novak, by a tiny margin (as historically Rafa was the safest bet), and then #3 Thiem...
But you know better than Vegas. You ain't "tarding".

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Oh come on... "cwying fed" is just a joke. I like the guy and love his tennis, but I enjoy Novak beating him too. Because I'm Novak's fan. And re RG - I think I'm right about it, but time will tell.
Well, I think Thiem has a high chance to finally claim RG this year. But to dismiss Rafa completely is insane.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, I think Thiem has a high chance to finally claim RG this year. But to dismiss Rafa completely is insane.
I think he'll have an extremely difficult time getting to the finals this year if he meets a couple of the youngsters like thiem/zverev/medvedev/rublev in earlier rounds. Chances are that will happen.
I watched him carefully during the AO and that's where my thoughts come from. He's not getting better and not adding to his game, while wear&tear is taking its toll.
If he does get to the finals, and meets Novak there - I give Novak 70:30 to win it.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
He should enter the Grand National. He'd probably win that as well.
He'd, but evil Westerners are so racist they don't even allow Serbian person to race horses.

Also Djokovic is the GOAT (that is, Novak Djokovic).

·
Registered
9 Posts
You spelled "desperate" wrong.
It is obvious why Novak is not 'loved' - this small minded thinking is uniting Federer and Nadal fans (of course, there are exceptions to the rules). As Novak is getting closer to the records of these two tennis giants, hate will grow accordingly.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Sure... you know better. Betting houses have it at #1 Rafa and #2 Novak, by a tiny margin (as historically Rafa was the safest bet), and then #3 Thiem...
But you know better than Vegas. You ain't "tarding".
rafa is at 1.91 while both nole and domi are at 4.00. da freaking hell are you talking about, buster?

·
Registered
169 Posts
It is obvious why Novak is not 'loved' - this small minded thinking is uniting Federer and Nadal fans (of course, there are exceptions to the rules). As Novak is getting closer to the records of these two tennis giants, hate will grow accordingly.
I don't think anyone is against federer and nadal's fans uniting. it's endearing and sweet. they can hug each other, pet each other, comfort each other... it's all love, and it's all good.
again, I have nothing but warm feelings about that idea.
there's too much misery out there (e.g. fading "goats", fading "bulls", losses, declines, etc) that any tiny bit of love is welcomed and can be a healing thing. pain-killer of sorts.
Maybe their hate will subside because of that!?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fed was the one losing regularly in Masters and Slams, but Fed fans cry about Novak failing? Do you honestly think Novak won’t win 3-5 Slams at all? Fed needs luck against young AND old guys. He’s not a decade older than Novak. Less than 6 years older. You saw Fed losing as soon as Novak showed up, so lessen your smugness. Fedal fans wish for injuries but their idols whine constantly about being old and in pain. Ironic.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fed was the one losing regularly in Masters and Slams, but Fed fans cry about Novak failing? Do you honestly think Novak won’t win 3-5 Slams at all? Fed needs luck against young AND old guys. He’s not a decade older than Novak. Less than 6 years older. You saw Fed losing as soon as Novak showed up, so lessen your smugness. Fedal fans wish for injuries but their idols whine constantly about being old and in pain. Ironic.
Yeah, all that whining is making me feel bad.
I almost rooted for Federer in Wimby because of it. Also in Cincy...
Felt sort of guilty about wanting Novak to win.
I really hated Thiem for what he did to Rafa in AO...
In a way - it's not fair what Fedal fans are doing to us... Whatever we do, Novak will still win - we really can't do anything about it.
This is hard on Novak's fans.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Next gen don’t have a chance? Novak actually has the worst record against next gen out of the big 3. Novak isn’t even at that high of a level right now. He needed a MTO timeout to beat Thiem on a court he’s sucked at. Novak may get another slam this year but that’s it. He definitely isn’t winning the FO and won’t win both Wimby and US. As for weeks at no.1, I suppose it’s very possible for him to break that but we’ll see.
Have touched this b4, it's interesting that next generation has kind of figured nd out

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think it’s because Novak has a more basic rallying style than the other 2 so next gen players have a easier time getting into a rythym with Novak.
yep, that's why he's #1 and just won the last GS...
and that's why he'll get another 5 in the next two years...
because the next gen has "figured him out" and have "easier time" :))))))

just for the record - and so we're on the same page:
What do you guys think "figuring out" and "easier time" means? Seems that you have a very original understanding of it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
yep, that's why he's #1 and just won the last GS...
and that's why he'll get another 5 in the next two years...
because the next gen has "figured him out" and have "easier time" :))))))

just for the record - and so we're on the same page:
What do you guys think "figuring out" and "easier time" means? Seems that you have a very original understanding of it.
Look at the stats and you’ll see Novak has more losses to next gen than Federer and Nadal do. You’re pretty hopeless and beyond delusional at this point. All you have to do is watch Novak play and it’s quite obvious what I said was correct.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Look at the stats and you’ll see Novak has more losses to next gen than Federer and Nadal do. You’re pretty hopeless and beyond delusional at this point. All you have to do is watch Novak play and it’s quite obvious what I said was correct.
ahem... do I need to point out that Novak just dismissed Fed in 3 sets, easily. Or that Fed was struggling against giants such as Milman and Sandgren? Or that Rafa was dismissed by Thiem (in qtrs) who got his a** wooped by Novak few days later?
I get it. Telling stories is an ancient way to calm the children down, make them less afraid of the boogeyman... Alas, Fedal's boogeyman is real. He's out there. Stronger than ever. Taking names & kicking a**, cementing his GOAT status.
Also, and I'm sorry, but there's no Santa Claus... It's just another story.

·
10,128 Posts
ahem... do I need to point out that Novak just dismissed Fed in 3 sets, easily. Or that Fed was struggling against giants such as Milman and Sandgren? Or that Rafa was dismissed by Thiem (in qtrs) who got his a** wooped by Novak few days later?
I get it. Telling stories is an ancient way to calm the children down, make them less afraid of the boogeyman... Alas, Fedal's boogeyman is real. He's out there. Stronger than ever. Taking names & kicking a**, cementing his GOAT status.
Thiem didn't get his a** whooped by Novak. He had a good chance to win.

Look Novak is a champion and a deserved one at that, but he is not invincible as everyone makes him out to be. His armor is slowly chipping , he is still amazing but he is not 2011 / 2014/2015 Godovic.

Good news for Djokovic is that even his B game is good enough to beat 90% of the tour , also while he is not the same Djokovic of old... he still has an aura of invincibility and his legacy which wins him games alone, but I think nextGen are a little less fearful then Djokovic's own generation and Gen Useless.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hahahahaha 5 sets is an ass whooping? Federer was also injured. You are without a doubt the dumbest person on this forum. This debate ends here cause it’s a waste of time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hahahahaha 5 sets is an ass whooping? Federer was also injured. You are without a doubt the dumbest person on this forum. This debate ends here cause it’s a waste of time.
oh, Federer was (also) injured!?
What was it? Bruised ego? Chronic confidence deficiency (when playing against the GOAT)?
Is he ok now?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
WhiIe it may b no secret Fed wasn't at 100% acknowledged by Novak, the fact that he couId compete for the full SF stiII makes it a Iegit. victory & perhaps couId have gone to 4 sets even if Fed had been fuIIy heaIthy. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the SF, the Serb ultimately conquered the hottest player at the time in the final for his record 8th AO title.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts