Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I don't think he is going to break it. This is his last slam this year and 2 more years for big 3 to add to slams. Djokovic current game will not hurt Thiem or Nadal on clay. I don't expect him to defend Wimby. In USO windy court he is toast.

For Federer's case he needs to hang on for 2 more years trying to win Wimby and AO.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
You're welcome. It's time to share, enjoy and rejoice in Novak's (GOATs) glory.
Everyone is welcome, everyone is loved, everyone appreciated.
Nazdravlje!
Yeah Its gonna be fun , this RG most of all and Wimby . Uso is a long way . What if Thiem gets in the middle of RG and Roger wins Wimby ?? the sh*t will be hilarious and still a lot of history to be written and smack talk ! Meanwhile you guys are doing a good job :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't think he is going to break it. This is his last slam this year and 2 more years for big 3 to add to slams. Djokovic current game will not hurt Thiem or Nadal on clay. I don't expect him to defend Wimby. In USO windy court he is toast.

For Federer's case he needs to hang on for 2 more years trying to win Wimby and AO.
hehehehe...
you guys are really not good at this :)))))))))))))))))))

"For Federer's case he needs to hang on for 2 more years ..."
You do know that there's no such thing as "participation trophy" in professional tennis, right?
I have nothing against Fed "hanging in" for 2-3-5 more years... that many more opportunities for Novak to beat his a**, increase his H2H tally and make Fed cwy...
I endorse that with no reservations. But I think Fed is smarter than to be a punching bag and extend that agony - and he'll most likely unstring the racquets after Wimby (somewhere in 3rd round or so).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah Its gonna be fun , this RG most of all and Wimby . Uso is a long way . What if Thiem gets in the middle of RG and Roger wins Wimby ?? the sh*t will be hilarious and still a lot of history to be written and smack talk ! Meanwhile you guys are doing a good job :)
Thiem certainly has a chance. Quite a good one to that. I'd say that, after Novak, Thiem is the next most likely to win it.
And about Roger and Wimby... Come on... At this point, That's about as possible as Karlovic winning RG, or Rafa winning... well anything really.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
hehehehe...

You do know that there's no such thing as "participation trophy" in professional tennis, right?
I have nothing against Fed "hanging in" for 2-3-5 more years... that many more opportunities for Novak to beat his a**, increase his H2H tally and make Fed cwy...
I endorse that with no reservations. But I think Fed is smarter than to be a punching bag and extend that agony - and he'll most likely unstring the racquets after Wimby (somewhere in 3rd round or so).
Don't be too early to put down Federer. Right now Djokovic can't even stop Nadal's yearly RG harvesting. He will waste a lot of energy doing it giving old man another chance.

Its very likely Nadal end with most slams than Djokovic. Nadal's game can give him 23 given the USO is his turf nowadays.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't be too early to put down Federer. Right now Djokovic can't even stop Nadal's yearly RG harvesting. He will waste a lot of energy doing it giving old man another chance.

Its very likely Nadal end with most slams than Djokovic. Nadal's game can give him 23 given the USO is his turf nowadays.
Naagh... I'm not putting down Federer. I love the guy and I think he played great in the past couple of years. Maybe his best tennis ever. But he's done. If anyone expects that Fed will play a significant role in any tournament from now on (except Basel, maybe) they're delusional. He's 38 and it shows.
And Rafa... oh, he's in better shape than Fed - but he'll be easy pickings for Thiem/Medvedev/Zverev or ultimately Novak - on any surface. That forehand is not what it was before & everyone has a strategy to play against it nowadays, and well - he has nothing else.
"Right now Djokovic can't even..." !?
Only thing that's happening "right now" is that Novak started the year with a GS title and is getting ready to take RG and the rest. He looks stronger, smarter, clearer and more determined than ever to end this silly "GOAT debate".
It's all Novak for the next 2 years.
You can take it to the bank.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Next gen don’t have a chance against Novak so not really much can be done to stop him.
So wrong.

Also, did we really need another thread of this kind. MTF's becoming worse than pretty woman forums in these hiatus periods...
So wrong.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I know Djokovic has a decent serve with that beautiful motion. I always try and learn how he hits his serve. I'm just saying he can use his serve effectively to set up points, but he can't expect many free points off his serves, right? I don't know if it's possible, but by possing a bigger serve, he can afford more free points, thus shorter points in his favor. u no what I mean?
As good as Novak’s service has been esp w/ addition of Goran, ROS Is still the key for him untiI the competition has figured out how to counter that which Domi did for awhiIe in AO finaI.

·
|
13,790 Posts
When will he break Feds record? Personally I don’t think nadal will break it, and Novak is like a train. His dad believes he will equal it this year and win the olympics, so next year Australia for 21? Can only see Thiem maybe stopping him at the French depending on draw. But overall it’s a matter of time before he breaks all Feds main records.

Next gen don’t have a chance against Novak so not really much can be done to stop him. He could easily win another 10 slams imho
I think Rafa will win Roland Garros and US Open this year, breaking Federer's slam record and tying the US Open record.

Rafa will continue to go deep at Wimbledon too, so if Federer or Djokovic slip-up, Rafa will win Wimbledon too.
Thiem proved at the AO that he has no chance of beating Rafa at Roland Garros.
Thiem needed a 76 76 46 76 grindfest just to beat Rafa at Rafa's worst slam....

So I think Rafa will win Roland Garros for the next 3 years at least, maybe even longer, because Thiem's prime will probably be over in 3 years....so in 2023 somebody new will have to build up the courage to challenge Rafa at Roland Garros.
So no matter how slow Rafa is in 2023, his aura will be too much for whoever the next challenger is.

The most amazing thing about Rafa winning 12+ Roland Garros titles, is that he's also won more US Opens than Djokovic, despite not even playing the US Open in 2012 and 2014!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think Rafa will win Roland Garros and US Open this year, breaking Federer's slam record and tying the US Open record.

Rafa will continue to go deep at Wimbledon too, so if Federer or Djokovic slip-up, Rafa will win Wimbledon too.
Thiem proved at the AO that he has no chance of beating Rafa at Roland Garros.
Thiem needed a 76 76 46 76 grindfest just to beat Rafa at Rafa's worst slam....

So I think Rafa will win Roland Garros for the next 3 years at least, maybe even longer, because Thiem's prime will probably be over in 3 years....so in 2023 somebody new will have to build up the courage to challenge Rafa at Roland Garros.
So no matter how slow Rafa is in 2023, his aura will be too much for whoever the next challenger is.

The most amazing thing about Rafa winning 12+ Roland Garros titles, is that he's also won more US Opens than Djokovic, despite not even playing the US Open in 2012 and 2014!
hehehe...
Thiem just retired Rafa... dismissing him in 4 sets like one would do to a qualifier :)))))))
And people call it "grindfest" - like Rafa would know how to play anything different.
:))))))
So, Thiem dismissed him at one thing Rafa knows best (and only) to do :)))))
And somehow, that's an argument for how "amazing" Rafa is? And how he's going to win US Open, Miss World, and the Physics Nobel prize this year :)))))))))))))))))

I mean, at a certain point people should get at least a glimpse at the reality. Otherwise, it's straight to looney-bin.

To anyone that knows tennis - it's rather obvious: Rafa is done. That was it. All she wrote.
Knees gone, forehand losing power and efficiency, and everyone out there knows how to beat him now.

He had an amazing career, true - but it's over now.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
No need bother competing at RG for ATP seeds & quaIifiers since we aIready know outcome. Let's just hand over the FO trophy to the Mallorcan aIready & preserve aII the pIayer's bodies for rest of season. MeanwhiIe, why not hand the USO trophy as weII to best high bouncing moonbaIIing competitor in history of sport & save everyone the wear & tear of that tourn. also. As they say, onIy on MTF, foIks.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Naagh... I'm not putting down Federer. I love the guy and I think he played great in the past couple of years. Maybe his best tennis ever. But he's done. If anyone expects that Fed will play a significant role in any tournament from now on (except Basel, maybe) they're delusional. He's 38 and it shows.
And Rafa... oh, he's in better shape than Fed - but he'll be easy pickings for Thiem/Medvedev/Zverev or ultimately Novak - on any surface. That forehand is not what it was before & everyone has a strategy to play against it nowadays, and well - he has nothing else.
"Right now Djokovic can't even..." !?
Only thing that's happening "right now" is that Novak started the year with a GS title and is getting ready to take RG and the rest. He looks stronger, smarter, clearer and more determined than ever to end this silly "GOAT debate".
It's all Novak for the next 2 years.
You can take it to the bank.
Fred realistically have some more chances. His health simply isn't good after the stretch of IW to Wimbledon last year but is looking to get back to that form. Nole struggle to win the final against Thiem, again lucked out due to good draw and Thiem being nice guy affected by the theatrics 2nd time. The previous time was RG last year. Anything can happen, its not so straightforward he is going to own everyone. Nadal and Federer will try to save their legacy.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
hehehehe...

I get you're a Fedhater having a wish, but you might forget about the above unless you want to be traumatized. Same with your wish of Rafa "not winning anything" and Thiem / Djoko being bigger favorites for RG than him. Just trying to save you the suffering...

Also, this thread is a perfect candidate for the Ruins.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I get you're a Fedhater having a wish, but you might forget about the above unless you want to be traumatized. Same with your wish of Rafa "not winning anything" and Thiem / Djoko being bigger favorites for RG than him. Just trying to save you the suffering...

Also, this thread is a perfect candidate for the Ruins.
Oh come on... "cwying fed" is just a joke. I like the guy and love his tennis, but I enjoy Novak beating him too. Because I'm Novak's fan. And re RG - I think I'm right about it, but time will tell.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
weird read so far tbh. as if it wasn't clear that both rafa and thiem still are the early favs for RG, no tarding could change that.
get a grip, folks.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts