Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will he break Feds record? Personally I don’t think nadal will break it, and Novak is like a train. His dad believes he will equal it this year and win the olympics, so next year Australia for 21? Can only see Thiem maybe stopping him at the French depending on draw. But overall it’s a matter of time before he breaks all Feds main records.

Next gen don’t have a chance against Novak so not really much can be done to stop him. He could easily win another 10 slams imho

·
justice for all
12,634 Posts
When will he break Feds record? Personally I don’t think nadal will break it, and Novak is like a train. His dad believes he will equal it this year and win the olympics, so next year Australia for 21? Can only see Thiem maybe stopping him at the French depending on draw. But overall it’s a matter of time before he breaks all Feds main records.

Next gen don’t have a chance against Novak so not really much can be done to stop him. He could easily win another 10 slams imho
Ask Srdjan. He knows best. But get him some slivovitz first to make sure he's unbiased enough.

·
Registered
124 Posts

I kinda agree with your expectations. I think last year was the last chance for both, Fed and Rafa, to get some substantial wins. They're not a threat to Novak anymore.
I believe Novak will get 3 GSs this year, chance of getting all 4 is slightly lower.
However, he'll definitely surpass Fed's 310 weeks at #1, which is a very important record for Fed.
Also, I believe he'll take the WTF this year, to get that out of the way also.
With that, he'll already be the GOAT.
And next year will be just solidifying his front-runner status and increasing the H2H and titles lead.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Next gen don’t have a chance? Novak actually has the worst record against next gen out of the big 3. Novak isn’t even at that high of a level right now. He needed a MTO timeout to beat Thiem on a court he’s sucked at. Novak may get another slam this year but that’s it. He definitely isn’t winning the FO and won’t win both Wimby and US. As for weeks at no.1, I suppose it’s very possible for him to break that but we’ll see.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What are people on these days ffs.The guy couldn't win that calendar gs when he was playing like crazy in 2011 and 2015 and in 2020 when he is to turn 33 years old,people are acting like he's set to do it lol He'll probably get one more this year and that's Wimbledon or US Open and even that isn't anything that we can be sure of.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What are people on these days ffs.The guy couldn't win that calendar gs when he was playing like crazy in 2011 and 2015 and in 2020 when he is to turn 33 years old,people are acting like he's set to do it lol He'll probably get one more this year and that's Wimbledon or US Open and even that isn't anything that we can be sure of.
Why would Fed fans even be a part of this discussion!?
Fed was never close to get 4 consecutive GSs - not even when his rivals were the greats such as Roddick, Phillipousis, Baghdatis, etc. And that went on for 5-6 years!? I mean - with that competition, Novak would have 3 CYGS, easy. And totalled about 30GSs by now.
I would understand if Fed fans stick to "beauty", "elegance", "grace" and such non-measurable categories - but talking about CYGS, owning all GSs at the same time, and such things is just not what they should do, imo.
I get that it's a free internet out there, but some self-awareness and restraint is always a good thing.

But what we're definitely "sure of" is that Fed is not getting any anymore.
Worst case scenario - Novak gets a couple-three this year, a couple next year and one following year... getting his tally to about 23 GS (might as well be 176 from Feds prospective).... And that's the worst case scenario.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Nadal might not be the first to break it but he will almost certainly be the first to equalize it and with quite a few chances before Djokovic to break it.

As Djokovic's fan, every Djokovic's "fan" older than 13-14 y. who opens threads or talks about 33 y.o. Djokovic winning at least two more slams this season, belittling Nadal's chances, must be either a troll or stupid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why would Fed fans even be a part of this discussion!?
Fed was never close to get 4 consecutive GSs - not even when his rivals were the greats such as Roddick, Phillipousis, Baghdatis, etc. And that went on for 5-6 years!? I mean - with that competition, Novak would have 3 CYGS, easy. And totalled about 30GSs by now.
I would understand if Fed fans stick to "beauty", "elegance", "grace" and such non-measurable categories - but talking about CYGS, owning all GSs at the same time, and such things is just not what they should do, imo.
I get that it's a free internet out there, but some self-awareness and restraint is always a good thing.
Yeah,yeah just stick to your outrageous predictions.It will actualy be hilarious when they don't come to pass.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Next gen don’t have a chance? Novak actually has the worst record against next gen out of the big 3. Novak isn’t even at that high of a level right now. He needed a MTO timeout to beat Thiem on a court he’s sucked at. Novak may get another slam this year but that’s it. He definitely isn’t winning the FO and won’t win both Wimby and US. As for weeks at no.1, I suppose it’s very possible for him to break that but we’ll see.
And that's why we still need Fed and Rafa to be out there - to get some of the hungry, misbehaving kids out of the draw, before the GOAT (Novak Djokovic, that is) wins the Finals.
Probably 2 more GSs this year, if not all 3. FO/RG definitely. Weeks at #1 is already in the bag.
I'm just hoping that he'll get a couple of more opportunities to play Rafa and Fed - just to improve his H2H advantage. And make a nice point about who really is the best ever.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah,yeah just stick to your outrageous predictions.It will actualy be hilarious when they don't come to pass.
See, that's a problem with Fedal crowd... They went full-on negative.
Novak's fans are rooting for some good/incredible/unseen things to happen - having a very positive attitude.
Meanwhile, Fedal's base is all negative and rooting for others to fail.
It's just not a good way to live life.

·
Registered
52 Posts
See, that's a problem with Fedal crowd... They went full-on negative.
Novak's fans are rooting for some good/incredible/unseen things to happen - having a very positive attitude.
Meanwhile, Fedal's base is all negative and rooting for others to fail.
It's just not a good way to live life.
It's called being realistic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You spelled "desperate" wrong.
Nope.It just baffles me how are you lot sure in anything when you were all shitting in you pants two weeks ago when Thiem was 2-1 up lol .Thiem,who was only considered clay courter until a year ago managed to get two sets from Djokovic in an arena where he demolished Nadal last year and you are all sayin like he's gonna win 3-4 slams this year like it's given.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nope.It just baffles me how are you lot sure in anything when you were all shitting in you pants two weeks ago when Thiem was 2-1 up lol .Thiem,who was only considered clay courter until a year ago managed to get two sets from Djokovic in an arena where he demolished Nadal last year and you are all sayin like he's gonna win 3-4 slams this year like it's given.
desperate. D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E.
I can see it... Next Justin Bieber hit: Desperate!
Pre-order now.

(Released in Spanish as "Desperionallero", Swiss release: "shankung-bungung-tankung".)

·
Registered
886 Posts
And that's why we still need Fed and Rafa to be out there - to get some of the hungry, misbehaving kids out of the draw, before the GOAT (Novak Djokovic, that is) wins the Finals.
Probably 2 more GSs this year, if not all 3. FO/RG definitely. Weeks at #1 is already in the bag.
I'm just hoping that he'll get a couple of more opportunities to play Rafa and Fed - just to improve his H2H advantage. And make a nice point about who really is the best ever.
H2h is meaningless, especially since Federer is 38. Novak ain’t winning FO either.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts