Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I wonder really...
Same way Cilic won 2014 US Open. Steamrolled with once in a lifetime serve performance allowing his whole game to gel. Khach was hitting better overall in late 2018, though his current backhand is better. Could also be that after Paris 2018 a lot of plakyers and coaches got serious about finding weaknesses in Karen's game.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,554 Posts
I recall Djokovic having had the flu. He beat Cilic and Federer in 3 sets each. That Federer match went nearly three hours and I think that cooked him a little. Khachanov played solid in the final and surprised Djokovic with his court coverage (had not played each other before). It was a good win and week for Khachanov overall (def. Isner, Thiem, Zverev among players) but I noticed that he was on while the others were rather subpar (Zverev in particular was really lousy). The previous tournament (Vienna), Karen lost meekly 6-2 6-2 to Nishikori.

·
11,042 Posts
Karen was a beast that tournament. So convincing with his wins.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
I recall Djokovic having had the flu. He beat Cilic and Federer in 3 sets each. That Federer match went nearly three hours and I think that cooked him a little. Khachanov played solid in the final and surprised Djokovic with his court coverage (had not played each other before). It was a good win and week for Khachanov overall (def. Isner, Thiem, Zverev among players) but I noticed that he was on while the others were rather subpar (Zverev in particular was really lousy). The previous tournament (Vienna), Karen lost meekly 6-2 6-2 to Nishikori.
You wrote so much just to sneak Nishikori into the last sentence 🤣

1 - 6 of 6 Posts