Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serbia's best tennis player Novak Đoković spoke in a previously recorded message, to say that he and his family are with Serbia in this difficult time, and that Kosovo belongs to Serbia.

The Serb people are ready defend what's theirs, Đoković said.

He regretted not being able to be with the protesters and added he thanked everyone who came to show the world that "Serbia is not small, that it is united and that we are ready to defend that which belongs to us".

"Kosovo is Serbia and it must remain this way forever," Đoković ended his address.:worship:

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Really as a tennis player he should stay out of politics. This is similar to the Baghdatis incident during the Australian Open.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Serbia's best tennis player Novak Đoković spoke in a previously recorded message, to say that he and his family are with Serbia in this difficult time, and that Kosovo belongs to Serbia.

The Serb people are ready defend what's theirs, Đoković said.

He regretted not being able to be with the protesters and added he thanked everyone who came to show the world that "Serbia is not small, that it is united and that we are ready to defend that which belongs to us".

"Kosovo is Serbia and it must remain this way forever," Đoković ended his address.:worship:
Really?! What a fool!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Any reference for that interview or message?

This reminds me when Serbian football players stopped playing when NATO bombed Serbia in 99... :sad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good one him for speaking out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't want to know tennis players' or any celebrities' political opinions. They usually manage to look like fools. I watch them for entertainment, not information.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
If this is an issue that is important to him, he should be able to speak his mind about it, but I have a feeling he would regret it (and that's without getting into the question of whether he is right or wrong, those things are never black and white).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
(Adds details, quotes)

MOSCOW (Thomson Financial) - Russia's envoy to NATO warned on Friday that formal backing for Kosovo's independence by the EU or NATO would give Russia the right to use 'brute force' in future, Interfax news agency reported.

'If the European Union works out a common position, or if NATO breaches its mandate in Kosovo, these organisations will be in conflict with the United Nations,' Dmitry Rogozin said in a video link-up from Brussels.

'We too would then have to proceed from the view that in order to be respected we must use brute force, in other words armed force.'

Russia, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, vehemently opposed Kosovo's independence declaration, reflecting Moscow's close ties with the leadership in Belgrade.

The European Union does not have a common position on whether or not to recognise Kosovo, leaving the choice up to individual member states.

Rogozin also said he had received unconfirmed reports that NATO troops were blocking the border between Kosovo and Serbia and not allowing Serbian officials to cross over into Kosovo.

'This is not what we agreed. If this information is confirmed, then here in Brussels there will be some tough talking with our partners, and there could be quite a dramatic development in relations between Russia and NATO,' Rogozin was quoted by RIA Novosti news agency as saying.

NATO 'must not in any way get involved with politics and must instead do what it has done up until now: take a neutral position of non-interference in internal affairs,' he said. Now this doesn't look good is there war coming?

·
Registered
402 Posts
well I don't think there's something wrong with him making this statement because I believe there are little Serbs who have the opposite opinion. It's just a ridiculous situation , first Montenegro, now Kosovo. It's just illogical to think there should be such a country. After all, it is not surprising because Nole likes to state his opinion on everything

·
Banned
218 Posts
Who cares about a twit's opinion like him?

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.