Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Novak is now a remarkable 1 - 5 in Grand Slam finals since AO 12, how long will this stat continue. I predict it will end up at 1 - 5 by 2015...Novak's GS drought continues..question is will it end at 6 or will the march go on?

P.S. Novak is not the same player physically, if you have not noticed he is having more success in BO3 formats in the Masters 1000 and WTF tournaments..when it comes to BO5 he is lacking physically.

Novaks career prediction -

1) GS = 6/7 (Finals ratio will be 6 - 12)
2) Masters 1000 = 19 - 26
3) WTF = 3 - 5

RG will elude Novak, the young and up comers are making their strides, each year will be harder and harder. I guess for us fans it was never meant to be for Djokovic.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: Novak is now 1 - 6 in Slam Finals since AO 12

Officially it's 1-5 but yeah realistically everyone know that last year FO SF was the real final and whoever won that match was going to win the final. So might as well be 1-6, lol.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
You're just asking for this thread to get bumped when he actually does win Rolly G.

In my opinion, barring injury/illness, Djokovic will certainly win the French at some point. Guy is too consistent. This stat doesn't show otherwise, to be fair.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You're just asking for this thread to get bumped when he actually does win Rolly G.

In my opinion, barring injury/illness, Djokovic will certainly win the French at some point. Guy is too consistent. This stat doesn't show otherwise, to be fair.
Yes he is consistent but that doesn't always mean you will win something especially if there is someone out there that is better than you. Look at Federer, no one was more consistent than him at his peak but it take extreme luck for him to win the FO because Nadal was always there to knock him off.

It's not hard to imagine Novak making the next two FO finals only to lose to Nadal. After that by the time of the next FO he will be around 30 years old and most likely not a top two player anymore.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he is getting to many slams final, which is quite good for him

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
Yes he is consistent but that doesn't always mean you will win something especially if there is someone out there that is better than you. Look at Federer, no one was more consistent than him at his peak but it take extreme luck for him to win the FO because Nadal was always there to knock him off.
That's because of the extreme bad matchup between them, tbf. + clay isn't Fed's strongest surface, so no wonder.

And if Nadal will be 30 years old, the Wawrinkas and Nishikoris will defeat him, so he won't be around very long either...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I can smell that Wimbledon runner-up is coming for him.
He'd probably get an easy draw to the final after 3rd/4th seed loses in early round.
Then he loses to Nadal/Federer/Murray in final in straight sets.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

That would be an anomaly since only two players have won their first Roland Garros title at 28 or up.

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
Doesn't matter, he will win another 6.
with this extreme choking, Murray being better on grass, no way.
He may win +3 more AO, +1 USO, but that is a bit of a stretch, so very questionable by now.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts