Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rafael Nadal
-9 French Open titles (Open Era record)
*0-2 against Nadal in finals (0-6 overall)

Roger Federer
-7 Wimbledon titles (tied for Open Era record)
*1-0 against Federer in finals (1-1 overall)
-5 U.S. Open titles (tied for Open Era record)
*0-1 against Federer in finals (2-3 overall)

Novak really has his work cut out for him :rocker2:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Rafael Nadal
9 French Open titles (Open Era record)
*0-2 against Nadal in finals (0-6 overall)

Roger Federer
8 Wimbledon titles (tied for Open Era record)
*1-0 against Federer in finals (1-1 overall)

Novak really has his work cut out for him :rocker2:
He might have to go through another peak legend - Murray - here. Novak always gets the short end of the stick in terms of draws.

·
6,249 Posts
He might have to go through another peak legend - Murray - here. Novak always gets the short end of the stick in terms of draws.
You hit the nail right on the head there.
But to be the best, you have to beat the best, and that's what Novak will be doing.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
You hit the nail right on the head there.
But to be the best, you have to beat the best, and that's what Novak will be doing.
Yes, Wimbledon and USO definitely in the bag IMO. Another 3 slam year incoming...

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Too bad Novak could only beat them at their best slams when both Fedal were well past their peak/prime.
Too bad Federer and Nadal didn't play in the shadow of Nole, in his era, where they would have a combined total of 10 Slams, while Nole would have something like 20.

Whatcha gonna do.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Federer has 7 Wimbledons.
it is slightly disturbing that a poster like Mimic could make such a mistake. Federer would have the record I believe if he had 8

anyone to the OP- wah wah wah

Djokovic didn't even come very close to beating them at their slams (Nadal RG and Federer Wimbledon) when they were in their prime (late 2000s), and only now is doing so because they are declined

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
This thread is like an AA meeting for bitter Djokovic fans.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
it is slightly disturbing that a poster like Mimic could make such a mistake. Federer would have the record I believe if he had 8

anyone to the OP- wah wah wah

Djokovic didn't even come very close to beating them at their slams (Nadal RG and Federer Wimbledon) when they were in their prime (late 2000s), and only now is doing so because they are declined
2012 2013 2014 FO were close, what are you on? Novak didn't have the chance to play a lot in his prime at WIM.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
So basically: "Novak had it hard because other players were better than him"? :lol:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
2012 2013 2014 FO were close, what are you on? Novak didn't have the chance to play a lot in his prime at WIM.
2014 Nadal was definitely not anywhere near peak. Djokovic really should have won that match in retrospect, don't know how much the sickness played a factor but he still had a lot of chances in the match. 2012 wasn't that close either for the first 2 sets, then suddenly Nole found a second wind and Nadal collapsed before the delay.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Too bad Novak could only beat them at their best slams when both Fedal were well past their peak/prime.
Mate, sorry but this is beyond stupid ... I can only laugh at your stupidity :lol:. I can explain it to you logically but it's not worth it. Djokovic was beating both Fed and Nadal back in 2007, def. Fed at the AO2008, remember 2011? I guess not ... I assume you weren't born at that time :p.

To the OP. Novak is a legend too ;).

Gosh, I feel like trolling a bit tonight. Just need to come up with something.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
yeah ... I don't see Nole beating Murray on grass. Has even taken a set off Murray? He is going to root really hard for Roger in that semi but I just don't know if Murray is going to miss this chance. Open draw ... and probably his last chance to win another Wimbledon

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, it's so easy everybody has been doing it :lol:

Oh wait... :scratch:

Also, need to add U.S. Open for Federer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mate, sorry but this is beyond stupid ... I can only laugh at your stupidity :lol:. I can explain it to you logically but it's not worth it. Djokovic was beating both Fed and Nadal back in 2007, def. Fed at the AO2008, remember 2011? I guess not ... I assume you weren't born at that time :p.

To the OP. Novak is a legend too ;).

Gosh, I feel like trolling a bit tonight. Just need to come up with something.
You just proved his point. Djoker beat Mono Fed in 2008 and Fed was nowhere near his peak by 2011. And Djokovic only beat Nadal this year finally at RG with Nadal down to number 10 in the rankings. Winning the odd match in 2007 in smaller tournaments means nothing.

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
You just proved his point. Djoker beat Mono Fed in 2008 and Fed was nowhere near his peak by 2011. And Djokovic only beat Nadal this year finally at RG with Nadal down to number 10 in the rankings. Winning the odd match in 2007 in smaller tournaments means nothing.

Didn't Nole beat Rafa in 3 Slam finals in a row? Rafa certainly wasn't totally out of form when he is able to reach 3 Slam finals in row.
And the Mono excuse is getting lame after a while.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Didn't Nole beat Rafa in 3 Slam finals in a row? Rafa certainly wasn't totally out of form when he is able to reach 3 Slam finals in row.
And the Mono excuse is getting lame after a while.
How many of those wins were at Nadal's best slam (as per the title thread)? none.

And Federer was not at his best slam nor at his best at AO2008

1 - 20 of 26 Posts