Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
World No. 2 Novak Djokovic has been forced to withdraw from the Mutua Madrid Open, having suffered a recurrence of the right arm injury that afflicted him three weeks ago in Monte-Carlo.

“I am very sorry for the Madrid tournament and all the Spanish fans to have to pull out of the Mutua Madrid Open,” said Djokovic on Sunday. “I did everything possible in order to play in Madrid, which is one of the biggest events of the year, but unfortunately my right arm injury has flared up again.

“Now I will take some time to recover and heal my injury, hoping I will be ready for Rome. I look forward to returning to Madrid next year.”

Djokovic had been hoping to recover in time to challenge for his second Madrid crown, having triumphed three years ago (d. Nadal). His next tournament, the Internazionali BNL d’Italia, begins Sunday, 11 May

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2014/05/19/Madrid-Sunday-Djokovic-Withdraws.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Re: Novak Sjokovic withdraws from madrid

Bad news regarding his health but finally a wise decision

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

Tio Toni in ruins because he fixed the draw for nothing.

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
Why did he withdraw AFTER the OOP is released. So Isner won't replace him, right?

Btw, Wawrinka will enjoy at the bottom now. Unbalanced draw became more unbalanced.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Bad news regarding his health but finally a wise decision
This. got to look at the big picture which is RG don't risk it for some crap tournament.

·
Registered
396 Posts

Tio Toni in ruins because he fixed the draw for nothing.
LOL:lol::spit::haha::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Another side effect: The one remaining qualifying match is between Thiem and Matosevic- the loser gets in as LL and gets the better draw if I am not mistaken :lol:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:sad:

Kind of expected this

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Hope Djokovic is better for Rome + RG...

Meanwhile, Stan now heavy favorite to make the final from the bottom half.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Another side effect: The one remaining qualifying match is between Thiem and Matosevic- the loser gets in as LL and gets the better draw if I am not mistaken :lol:
Giraldo is in a third set at the moment, if he loses he'll get the spot.

Otherwise, yes, interesting scenario :lol:

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
The correct decision.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts