Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Lol at that stat. 9-0 :ROFLMAO: You're also so right. 2017 was the weakest year of the decade, with Novak and most of the best players of 2014-2016 injured.

Here are some other facts:
  • Federer hasn't won a USO since 2008 (lost to players like Berdych, Robredo, Cilic, Delpo, Millman, Dimitrov)
  • Nadal hasn't taken a set against Novak on a hard court since 2013
  • Nadal only broke Novak's serve twice over their past nine hard court meetings (0-9 record)
Novak's two turkeys not playing only makes his path much harder. Facts 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
Why is this a thread tho

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
had the 0-9 to look up myself, and the undefeated slam H2H reads 3-6 vs nadal-fed and dates back to '15 rafa and '14 fed. quite some stat, that's for sure.
anyway, gooo champ!

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Tennis player plays tournament he was always entered into

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
had the 0-9 to look up myself, and the undefeated slam H2H reads 3-6 vs nadal-fed and dates back to '15 rafa and '14 fed. quite some stat, that's for sure.
anyway, gooo champ!
That's why I'm saying there is a lot of pressure on Djokovic to win because the one most likely to beat Djoker is not named Fed or Nadal, it is one of the younger guys

Thiem, Med, and Tsitsi in that order

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Wish him good luck as he is the more enthusiastic and active about the opportunities. My man is the passive one.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that he's playing. He was making such a fuss about the COVID-19 protocols that I honestly wasn't sure that he would play.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Why would he not go?

The USTA capitulated to his demands.

Now the event will be necessarily less safe, but so long as Novak gets to bring his full entourage along, who cares?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that he's playing. He was making such a fuss about the COVID-19 protocols that I honestly wasn't sure that he would play.
He mostly just cared about not having to quarantine when returning to Europe. Because having to quarantine would have affected his preparation and chances to win on clay. However, everyone coming from the USO won't have to quarantine when they arrive in Rome.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
That's why I'm saying there is a lot of pressure on Djokovic to win because the one most likely to beat Djoker is not named Fed or Nadal, it is one of the younger guys

Thiem, Med, and Tsitsi in that order
As it should have been for years ofc instead of 30+/40- guys still dominating the sport. Players in their twenties are the ones who should feel the pressure, because they are supposed to beat the veterans.

Wish him good luck as he is the more enthusiastic and active about the opportunities. My man is the passive one.
He's not passive. He's probably aware of the situation in the US and doesn't want to risk anything. Of course, it's going to be interesting to see what he'll decide ahead of Roland Garros given the situation in France and Europe in general. Is he going 'to pull a Djokovic'?

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
This is great news for this year's US Open*
The field looks pretty good, I wonder how many more top players they can guarantee in the draw

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Anyone else curious about why Djokovic did not commit to Roland Garros??

·
Registered
663 Posts
Anyone else curious about why Djokovic did not commit to Roland Garros??
Because it takes place a month after the USO?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Thread worthy stuff. What’s next? Novak Djokovic ate eggs for breakfast? Novak Djokovic went to the toilet to take a sh...t?
There was a thread about who is the most honest tennis player with a ranking from most honest to least honest. If that shit can get through the mods then this thread surely can.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
When a Big 2 member makes an important decision, that definitely is thread worthy.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts