Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Novak Djokovic win at least 25 slams?

• Definitely

• There's a fair chance

• Probably not

• Not a chance

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light on the conversation I'm enjoying with member Rik, I'm happy to put this prediction down here to be revisited in a few years time.

The way I see it is that Novak Djokovic has unprecedented longevity and that Roger Federer can forget about holding on to the slam record. Rafael Nadal may overtake Roger Federer and enjoy the lead for a short period of time, but it will be short-lived.

I'm fairly certain with this prediction, so let's hear what you think. Let's see who knows their ATP tennis and let's see who has a lot to learn.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
People are taking winning a GS for granted. If there is no legend the likes of Big 3 playing, it will almost always go to some random mug (see WTA for more info). That being said, Djokovic has the potential for 25 of course, but the amount of things that have to be in place for him to win 25 is insane. The competition, the fitness, the injury-free, ...
I'd be happy with 20.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I voted "there's a fair chance" but damn that's 7 GS away from it, 25 might even be too many for that android.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hes gotta be good for another 2 AOs at least. 1-2 more Wimbledons, This French.. And maybe one more USO. Maybe. . 22-23 my prediction.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Seems unlikely, anything can happen in sport and he's not in his prime definitively. However the field right now doesn't give him much trouble except for a few players... he will probably get more than 20... 25... I doubt it but it's possible.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Djokovic is reaching slam finals only because of mental strength alone, his tennis is nothing out of this world, hence dropping sets to the Bustas and Tsitsipas of this world.

It is matter sinner mature and other young player more show up and it is game over for the bosnian.

Also, how much does this guy weight? 50 kg? thats what a girl weight, his body is falling apart and when the mental strenght start to decline he will be gone.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
His body has started to fall apart the last few years so this number seems a reach.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Have stuck it in the diary. 2022 at earliest: Compare Novak Djokovic's slam total vs expectation of low repute internet man. To repeat 2023 onwards...

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Was this thread started when Djokovic was about to win in 3 sets???
He will be lucky and will be insane achievement if he reaches #20.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think he needs a reason to go past, say 23 Slams. At 23 Slams, there is a sizeable gap to fed at 20. If Nadal and Nole are still trading Slams in the next few years, 25 should be about right. The reason why we are in this situation is because none of the goats are retired, they are pushing each other, nobody dares to retire. We need to think about how Nadal and Djokovic are actually going to bow out of the sport? They are going to be neck and neck pretty much on slams, who retires before who? They are going to just be playing one or two Slams a year as they reach retirement because there bodys will be broken but they will be desperate to win another slam if the tallys are close between them. I don't think we really have thought about how they are going to retire? Are they going to trick each other and come out of retirement at the last minute, with Rafa secretley training for the French Open and he just makes a surprise last minute wild card

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
22 at best. Wouldn't mind it though.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Its honestly not that bold.

Thiem , Medvedev, Tsitsipas are the biggest threats.

Djokovic will never not be clutch

·
Registered
752 Posts
Djokovic is reaching slam finals only because of mental strength alone, his tennis is nothing out of this world, hence dropping sets to the Bustas and Tsitsipas of this world.
At least he's not losing to Schwartzmans' of this world.

It is matter sinner mature and other young player more show up and it is game over for the bosnian.
He is Serbian, not Bosnian. But you knew that.

Also, how much does this guy weight? 50 kg? thats what a girl weight, his body is falling apart and when the mental strenght start to decline he will be gone.
He weighs 79 kg. But you knew that too.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts