Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the real hard court player please stand up. this match will not be close. Djokovic is light years ahead of Roddick and he can dominate better than anyone on hard courts.

Djokovic serves great and returns even better. finally, he is now the best mover on the planet. needless to say but Roddick will be reduced to nothing.

the score: 6-3, 6-3 in favor of Djokovic

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm thinking of a closer first set- lets say 7:5 then cruising in the second set with a total humiliation of 6:1.

Go Nole!!

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
roddick needs to serve out of his mind to take a set to TB if Djokovic plays like today

·
Registered
192 Posts
Would be a bit cautious about this one. No doubts Nole can crush Randy here, but its not the same thing to break Andreev and to break Roddick. I agree with BIGMARAT. First set will be tight.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
If Djoko plays like he did today... 99% chance of him winning this match. And the final, too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Really, awesome from Nole but we can't think that he will win all his matches easily, in my opinion.
Sure, he is the big favourite against Roddick and for the win in Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami but, ah, I'm a bit unsure, too.

Great stuff Djokovic and show it tomorrow, too!

·
Registered
94 Posts
7-5,6-4 djokovic

·
Registered
517 Posts
Novak is the favourite, obviously. I doubt Roddick can play any better than the way he played against Nadal, and he needs at least that level against Novak.

But I still wouldn't put my money on it... Probably because I never do that.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I wouldn't underestimate Roddick. He is not the same level as Novak that's for sure, but I wouldn't count him off just like that. He has a chance.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Considering the way Djokovic played against Andreev, I'll be very surprised if he didn't win. Maybe if Roddick serves extremely well, he'll be able to keep the scoreline tight.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't underestimate Roddick. He is not the same level as Novak that's for sure, but I wouldn't count him off just like that. He has a chance.

novak may win the u.s. open or he may surprise the world by derailing Fed at Wimby. we now know that Nadal is fast putting himself out of commission as a world beater.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
A chance to fight and not be humiliated, a chance of a close match- YES!!!

But a chance to really win the match? ?????

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
You could have made a pool about this one. Djoker 7-6 6-3.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Roddick is a type of server whose serve Novak reads quite easily, and consequently returns well. Therefore, Roddick won't score as many freebies as he may be used to, and in the court game his brain deficiency (compared with Nole's high intelligence) will be the decisive factor.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts