Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak Djokovic:"There were times when I, Nadal and Roger wouldn't talk to each other"

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Novak-Djokovic-There-Have-Been-Times-When-Me-Nadal-and-Federer-Wouldnt-Talk-to-Each-Other-articolo19557.html

"I got very close to Rafa, especially over the last year, when we played exhibition matches on a tour in South America. Talking about Federer, we do respect each other a lot. I can't say he is my friend, because we are not that close, but I can't even say he is just somebody I know, an acquaintance. I would say he is right in the middle of those. I am on the verge of becoming a dad and he has been a father many years before me, thus at Wimbledon we had a chance to talk about that and he gave me useful advice" revealed Novak.

"We went through moments when things would go nice and smooth, without problems, but there have also been times when the first wouldn't talk to the second, or the second to the third and vice versa. Generally however, we have always been very loyal and correct between one another".

·
10,277 Posts
Re: Novak Djokovic:"There were times when I, Nadal and Roger wouldn't talk to each ot

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Novak-Djokovic-There-Have-Been-Times-When-Me-Nadal-and-Federer-Wouldnt-Talk-to-Each-Other-articolo19557.html

"I got very close to Rafa, especially over the last year, when we played exhibition matches on a tour in South America. Talking about Federer, we do respect each other a lot. I can't say he is my friend, because we are not that close, but I can't even say he is just somebody I know, an acquaintance. I would say he is right in the middle of those. I am on the verge of becoming a dad and he has been a father many years before me, thus at Wimbledon we had a chance to talk about that and he gave me useful advice" revealed Novak.

"We went through moments when things would go nice and smooth, without problems, but there have also been times when the first wouldn't talk to the second, or the second to the third and vice versa. Generally however, we have always been very loyal and correct between one another".
This is not big news at all.

Let's be honest, they "love" each other publicly, but CMON!

When they go to bed at night, they remember the LOSSES

I mean these guys are all CHAMPIONS and hate losing to each other and no god damn PR team can hide that.

·
Registered
13,392 Posts
Re: Novak Djokovic:"There were times when I, Nadal and Roger wouldn't talk to each ot

Why does he say Roger but then say Nadal and not Rafa? :lol:

·
10,277 Posts

Why does he say Roger but then say Nadal and not Rafa? :lol:
Nadal is much smoother on the tounge than Rafa.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

No surprise here.

Nice to see Djokovic not BS with his PR standards.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

i think roger is polite and correct, but not an easy person to be close to. novak and rafa are way more open and nice

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

Childish rambling and embarrassing stuff from a pro who should have a killer instinct. Djokovic at his sappiest nance worst. But there are worse faults than needing to be loved I suppose. Still pretty pathetic stuff.

"There were times when I, Nadal and Roger wouldn't talk to each other"

Those silent "times" were in 2011 when Nole was on a mission and looked straight ahead. He knew what the goal was: majors.

These days he sounds like a 12 year old girl. It's not enough for him to destroy Fedal on the tennis court so he indulges in worthless, meaningless, child-minded, drivel and facebook thoughts.

Hope he gets publicly "unfriended" by Fedal, he'll probably play like it's 2009 because of the heartbreak. And he deserves it.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

It's funny how you always see Djokovic and Nadal hanging out with their childhood friends, in contrast to Federer. I don't think Rogie is a very pleasant person to be around, which is why he only has fake celebrity friends like Woods, Vonn and Stefani.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

Childish rambling and embarrassing stuff from a pro who should have a killer instinct. Djokovic at his sappiest nance worst. But there are worse faults than needing to be loved I suppose. Still pretty pathetic stuff.

Those silent "times" were in 2011 when Nole was on a mission and looked straight ahead. He knew what the goal was: majors.

These days he sounds like a 12 year old girl. It's not enough for him to destroy Fedal on the tennis court so he indulges in worthless, meaningless, child-minded, drivel and facebook thoughts.

Hope he gets publicly "unfriended" by Fedal, he'll probably play like it's 2009 because of the heartbreak. And he deserves it.
Close to truth. He should develop more pride and a touch of arrogance like Fed, maybe a little less. I think it would help him in his game, force motivation vs other players and reduces mental lapses. It would do him some good.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

It's funny how you always see Djokovic and Nadal hanging out with their childhood friends, in contrast to Federer. I don't think Rogie is a very pleasant person to be around, which is why he only has fake celebrity friends like Woods, Vonn and Stefani.
cause Roger is a diva. He is God of tennis for 11 years. It´s not easy to stay grounded in that situation.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts

That's Roger's curse for being so famous and popular for so long; ordinary people are intimidated by his aura + can't see the human being underneath the cape. That's why he seeks solace in the arms of his fellow celebrity friends who undergo the exact same thing in their lives.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

You can't expect the top players in a sport to be best buddies. The relationships between "the big four" certainly seems better than in years past. Remember McEnroe, Llendl, Connors, that was pure hatred out there on the court. Agassi and Becker hated each other as well, even though they were never at the absolute top at the same time.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts

They are such different people in terms of temperament,caracter - the basic differences in human nature.For Novak I would'nt want him to be anything like Roger.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

Seems like you missed that recent interview where Rogie was at his sappiest best talking about Chiudinelli.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts

Such bitter and hateful NONSENSE!

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

That's Roger's curse for being so famous and popular for so long; ordinary people are intimidated by his aura + can't see the human being underneath the cape. That's why he seeks solace in the arms of his fellow celebrity friends who undergo the exact same thing in their lives.
How do you know who is a friend of Federer and who is not?! Tell me how Federer can be a friend with someone as Novak who always talk BS and his parents as well! The King is dead! Last year Novak went to say how he plays Murray and Nadal for the titles Federer is slow! Djokovic tries so hard to be loved! They can not be friends it is so clear but they need to respect each other!

·
Registered
506 Posts

Rafa is just a more likeable player. No wonder he's closer to him.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts

Bullshit, they hate each other. The world is just too PC now for these guys to tell it like it is. Tennis would be alot more interesting if they had a real grudge against one another and talked shit before matches. Novak is a super-ego and is far from humble therefore he could never truly respect and befriend any of the other top guys. He believes he's the best.

Federer actually can separate the sport and the other players as humans in his mind, so can Nadal. Novak too his credit and detriment is way to much of a competitor to do that.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts