Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
at the usopen i believe wawrinka will have a good chance to stop him, but apart from him there isnt anyone who could trouble djoker. murray has nothing on him which would leave fed and we have seen how that matchup looks like these days..

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
He's the favorite. Don't know about "heavy favorite" cause Novak is a headcase in USO F. But this year he's been a monster and only a Peak god like wawrinka performance has stopped him from holding all 3 slams far. It will take something like that for somebody to beat him.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I'd say no, unless he keeps pulling miracle returns he is due for a burnout. Look at 2014 vs Nishikori.
Novak was not burnout against Nishikori, he was bad all summer after Wimbledon. Early exits at Toronto and cincy proof that. He bounce back and sweep the fall season.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
at the usopen i believe wawrinka will have a good chance to stop him, but apart from him there isnt anyone who could trouble djoker. murray has nothing on him which would leave fed and we have seen how that matchup looks like these days..
Not sure about Murray. He's been getting better and better since his back surgery and took Djokovic to 5 sets at RG, on what was originally Murray's worst surface by far. He'll end the streak Djokovic has against him at some point, and Murray certainly is capable -- though Wawrinka has a better chance I think.

·
WOAT Predictor
8,509 Posts
They can make him as heavy a favorite as they like...it won't matter. This is Slamray's slam.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Current local betting odds have him at $2.25:

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/tennis/mens-us-open?LeftNav

Murray is at $5, but he owns Andy at the moment.
How on Earth though is Rafa above Stan Wawrinka here though? ($10 vs $13).
Thats a good price on Novak, given the momentum he will have going into the tournament. Nadal will do nothing this year. He has Murrays number. The only thing you can never be sure of is if someone in the Top 10 gets hot. Like CILIC did last year.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
They can make him as heavy a favorite as they like...it won't matter. This is Slamray's slam.
Isnt it time for you to change you sig to

HARDRAY

GOD HE IS HARD! LOl!!!!

Murray will never win another slam. He made his statement in tennis. Did well to take two slams and an Olympic gold. This is Djokovics time to go Top 3 ALLTIME.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Wawrinka is the only challenger he has ... unless he gets hurt or something, Nole probably wins there. Who knows. Anybody better than a gutless fart winning it will be fine for me

I don't even consider Fed a slam contender. He is more like someone who shows up for the final to lose. A gutless jobber. I would put Wawrinka, Nishikori, and a bunch of more hungry players above him. Realistically.... Murray and Wawrinka are the only two people to even challenge Nole there

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Obviously he's the favourite. I wouldn't rule out Kyrgios though.
Kyrgios will not win a slam for at least two more years. He has ALOT of growing up to do. Stop all the clowning.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Wawrinka is the only challenger he has ... unless he gets hurt or something, Nole probably wins there. Who knows. Anybody better than a gutless fart winning it will be fine for me

I don't even consider Fed a slam contender. He is more like someone who shows up for the final to lose. A gutless jobber. I would put Wawrinka, Nishikori, and a bunch of more hungry players above him. Realistically.... Murray and Wawrinka are the only two people to even challenge Nole there
Federer would have beaten anyone apart from Djokovic in the final, in my opinion.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Federer would have beaten anyone apart from Djokovic in the final, in my opinion.
man. I don't know. I am so done with Roger. He played like a jobber. Everybody here knows I have been a huge fan of the guy. He has lost before. He lost to Rafa badly at the FO. But this was just something else. This meant something else. He gave up. He is a quitter. Does not mean he was not a great player or is not the GOAT. But, I have no time for a quitter. As far as the US Open, he has no shot. Let's face it. He lost to Cilic last year in a match he was a huge favorite.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Dude, you are full of bullshit. He didn`t quit, he got routined. His good performance in first 2 sets spent his stamina, then he became a statist in a match. Happened many times before,and not only vs Djokovic. He even run more distance in the final than Djokovic by a solid margin. He was tired.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Dude, you are full of bullshit. He didn`t quit, he got routined. His good performance in first 2 sets spent his stamina, then he became a statist in a match. Happened many times before,and not only vs Djokovic. He even run more distance in the final than Djokovic by a solid margin. He was tired.
I am not saying he would have won but he quit. Why does it matter anyway? He has no shot at US Open, and I say it as a fan. It's between Nole, Wawrinka, or Murray

·
Registered
695 Posts
he won only one so far, and even that one after sf hail mary return on match point. let's wait a bit...
If it was hail mary, he wouldnt be able to consistently pull off the same shot over and over.

Never forget PTSDerer @Rome 2k15.

·
6,865 Posts
Stan is overrated at the USO imo, despite all the support he is getting here.
He is a beast in Melbourne, and has shown so on clay as well, but this is slightly different and does not suit his game as much.
Djoker himself has been disappointing in recent years at NY, but he will have form and momentum this year - and no distractions in the lead up like last year.
Can't see anything but a Djoker victory now.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts

·
Registered
7,398 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Cincinnati ?
Well, that would be the 3rd priority I guess.

Not really big on this whole Career Masters thing for some reason, maybe others would disagree but I'd rather him win 4 straight WTF's and set that record instead of Career Masters Slam, or whatever they would call it.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts