18,862 Posts
This thread hasn't been updated with this astonishing achievement :worship:

2018 Wimbledon

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,162 Posts
Djokovic wins fourth Shanghai Masters :worship:

October 14, 2018 - Novak Djokovic continued his fine run of form by winning tennis' Shanghai Masters for a fourth time on Sunday. The Serbian, who is aiming to finish the season as world number one, beat 21-year-old Borna Coric 6-3, 6-4 in 97 minutes at the Qizhong Forest Sports City Arena. In doing so, Djokovic managed to complete the entire tournament without dropping a set. However, perhaps more impressively, he also won all 47 of his service games at the event, becoming only the third man to do that at an ATP Master 1000 event.

:wavey:

·
Premium Member
25,162 Posts
Djokovic Completes Remarkable Return To No. 1

ATP Executive Chairman and President Chris Kermode presents Novak Djokovic with the year-end World No. 1 trophy during Day One of the Nitto ATP World Tour Finals at The O2 Arena on November 11, 2018 in London, England.

Serbian star return to the top spot for first time in two years

“Reflecting on what I've been through in the last year, it's quite a phenomenal achievement,” said Djokovic. “And, of course, I'm very, very happy and proud about it. Five months ago, if you told me that, I would be — I always believe in myself, but it was highly improbable at that time considering my ranking and the way I played and felt on the court… I'll probably be able to speak more profoundly about it when the season is done and hopefully if I get to finish as No. 1.”

Chris Kermode, ATP Executive Chairman and President, said, “What Novak has achieved this season has to go down as one of the great sporting comebacks. It’s been a phenomenal return to form that would have been hard to imagine just six months ago. He fully deserves his return to No.1 in the ATP Rankings and should be incredibly proud of his exceptional season.”

261 - 275 of 275 Posts