Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
People in the local tennis club (Budapest MTK) claim they know Djokovic from junior times and they state that his certificate was modified from 1990 to 1987 in order to allow him play above his age group.

I am not sure it is a realistic claim without evidence but this is not the first time a Balkan player is accused of this. The other one is Tomic, people in Australia claim his real date of birth is 1990. It was in an article a few years ago, but couldn't find so far, will post if I find it.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
This would be devastating news for the Federesian horde if confirmed. It would mean three addition youthful years of Nole terrorizing their lives and haunting their dreams.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fake news for sure.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Surely fake. Every case of an athlete faking a birthday is to lower their age, so a 19 year old can play against 16 year olds in order to dominate.

·
Premium Member
21,049 Posts
How do you know this is surely from 1994?
Because it's not the only video, there are videos when he was 6 or 8, even there is a video when he appeared on the State national TV (7 yrs old) etc. Novak attended a Belgrade elementary school, pretty sure all of his class students and teachers remember which year it was when he was in school and so on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
People in the local tennis club (Budapest MTK) claim they know Djokovic from junior times and they state that his certificate was modified from 1990 to 1987 in order to allow him play above his age group.

I am not sure it is a realistic claim without evidence but this is not the first time a Balkan player is accused of this. The other one is Tomic, people in Australia claim his real date of birth is 1990. It was in an article a few years ago, but couldn't find so far, will post if I find it.
I suspect Tomic, not Novak though. Tomic was crazy good at 16, winning a Challenger and a Grand Slam match before 16 and a half.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
If this is true then that is absolutely disgusting. Djokovic should be stripped of all his titles and banned for life.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
This would be devastating news for the Federesian horde if confirmed. It would mean three addition youthful years of Nole terrorizing their lives and haunting their dreams.
Strange but I always thought there something unright with her and Nadal's age... May be Nadal too is younger?

·
Registered
13,947 Posts

Yes Djokovic and Tomic are the same age, visibly

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
Strange but I always thought there something unright with her and Nadal's age... May be Nadal too is younger?

you think he is younger than 16 here? Lol

·
Registered
4,137 Posts

1999 match at 'Les Petits As' between 12-year olds Nadal v. Gasquet. Gasquet won the event in 1999. Rafa won the same event in 2000 at 13. About five and a half years later in 2005, Rafa won 2005 RG at 19.

"After winning Les Petits As at 13 in 2000"

·
Registered
28,785 Posts
Source: trust me bro

·
Registered
113 Posts
How do you know this is surely from 1994?
It says 7.21.1994 right on the video. So unless they set the date deliberately off by 3 years, which seems pretty crazy to think to do that when he was that young, it's safe to say he was born in 1987 and not 1990.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts