Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

and

Djokovic on Adria Tour: 'I do feel sorry for people that were infected. Do I feel guilty for anybody that was infected from that point onward in Serbia, Croatia and the region? Of course not. It’s like a witch hunt, to be honest. How can you blame one individual for everything?'

Reactions: sav001

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well, I think it's perfectly reasonable to demand vaccination if you want to participate in a tennis tournament, if it comes to that.

But I agree that it's probably not reasonable to demand vacination for everyone at any time.

Also no he isn't the cause of all troubles in the world, but he has to accept some responsibility for what has happend, which he seems to do now, so case closed imo.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I think it's perfectly reasonable to demand vaccination if you want to participate in a tennis tournament, if it comes to that.

But I agree that it's probably not reasonable to demand vacination for everyone at any time.

Also no he isn't the cause of all troubles in the world, but he has to accept some responsibility for what has happend, which he seems to do now, so case closed imo.
For me he didn´t do that now..Talking again about witch hunt...no excuse for his Players night, nothing.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yeah i see what you mean and am not totally sure either how remorsefull he is based on these news items, but at least he seems to have turned around a bit and with that im just kinda done with even caring much anymore, I guess.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts

View attachment 356087
and

Djokovic on Adria Tour: 'I do feel sorry for people that were infected. Do I feel guilty for anybody that was infected from that point onward in Serbia, Croatia and the region? Of course not. It’s like a witch hunt, to be honest. How can you blame one individual for everything?'
I agree with him on the first part but he completely wiped out that good will with the second part. This is why people don't like him. He acknowledges that vaccines help some people (which in itself is ludicrous, they have wiped out many diseases with little side effect). Then instead of saying we shouldn't have run it like we did and we've learned a lesson, he doubles down on how he doesn't care about others who were infected because of what he and the organizers did.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I agree with him on the first part but he completely wiped out that good will with the second part. This is why people don't like him. He acknowledges that vaccines help some people (which in itself is ludicrous, they have wiped out many diseases with little side effect). Then instead of saying we shouldn't have run it like we did and we've learned a lesson, he doubles down on how he doesn't care about others who were infected because of what he and the organizers did.
I'm sure Novak cares so much that you dislike him. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
958 Posts
So he's clearly not an anti-vaxxer then? Based on those comments, his views seem pretty average in terms of vaccine hesitancy. There are undoubtedly many more ATP players with either similar or more extreme views on vaccines. Too bad everyone already decided the name Novaxx is going to stick though.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
And still no excuse for the pool party in Wuhan, he's really lost me as a fan right now.

Reactions: servicewinner

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Djokovic refusing to take responsibility. Shocking!

Why can't someone in his surroundings tell him, okay Novak, here's what you're going to do. Sit down, relax, have a press conference and tell the people you (and others) messed up. But you want to play tennis, because you love it and want to win another slam. In addition, you wish to be able to organise the Adria Tour 2021 under normal conditions and with more responsibility.

It's that simple! Clearly, not for him. He'd rather make things worse for himself by being dishonest.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Djokovic refusing to take responsibility. Shocking!

Why can't someone in his environment tell him, okay Novak, here's what you're going to do. Sit down, relax, have a press conference and tell the people you (and others) messed up. But you want to play tennis, because you love it and want to win another slam. In addition, you wish to be able to organise the Adria Tour 2021 under normal conditions and with more responsibility.

It's that simple! Clearly, not for him. He'd rather make things worse for himself by being dishonest.
(y)

Reactions: Ashlar77

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I do agree with him about vaccines and you can’t blame him for everything that’s happened as he can’t control what other people do. He does need to take responsibility for the night clubbing tho cause that was too far and should’ve def not happened at a time like this.

·
Registered
152 Posts
People are dumber and dumber.
Re vaccination, he said the same before so why all the surprise?
Re Adria Tour, he already said he was extremely sorry about infected
but what responsibility? in country with 50 cases per day, no one dying, it would be so stupid to close people behind door with severe consequences, it was ok to start living, matches with 20000 attendance took place, and Novak is not politician or doctor or epidemiologist so what responsiility FFS?
People nowadays live on pretension, fake gestures, forced apologies, its beyond pathetic.
BTW France has 4000 ths new cases a day, lets see how the king of morals reacts to this by not playing FO.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts