Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Novak Djokovic: "A victory really doesn't change much. Nadal is always the favorite."

"It ended 6-3 6-3 but it could have been much closer. You know, he knows, we all know it" said Nadal and Djokovic responded.

"I started slow, whereas he started very well. He was serving well, and two breaks down to catch would have been too much. It has been fundamental to find a way to come back after a shaky start. That's really what makes the difference. When you play against Rafa it is very hard. He defends well, he moves fast, even when he is not at his best. The key today was to be aggressive, and also mix up the shots, playing good angles and effects. In both sets the game on 3-3 has been crucial".

"A victory really doesn't change much. Nadal is always the favorite on clay. I am not surprised of his level, I know what he can do. If I am a better player than him on clay? I don't know, numbers are on his side. We both really wanted to win today. It has been a battle and we both had to deal with our emotions. I believe it is always better to smile after losing a point rather than looking sad and miserable. Winning against Nadal it's a great success, but I don't want to lose focus. I am already thinking of tomorrow and the final against Berdych".
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Novak-Djokovic-I-Dont-Know-if-I-Am-Better-Than-Rafael-Nadal-on-Clay-articolo23450.html

Smart ploy from Djokovic to play the underdog, keep Nadal the favorite for the FO, and stay focused, no?

Discuss.

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
Re: Novak Djokovic: ´I Don´t Know if I Am Better Than Rafael Nadal on Clay´

It really is pathetic watching Faker and Dull go through this ridiculous ritual.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

yes you are, novak. dammit.
better Than washed out nadal 2015 maybe... But better than peakdal in 2008, 2010 or even 2012.. no way... he is thousands of galaxies from that claycourt level

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

:haha: NID that BritTennisFan and RamonBrazzers are the first to respond to anything related to Novak - so pressed and so obsessed

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

No, you are not m8. Nadal has 9 RG titles and you have 0. Facts.

·
Registered
194 Posts

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Novak-Djokovic-I-Dont-Know-if-I-Am-Better-Than-Rafael-Nadal-on-Clay-articolo23450.html

Smart ploy from Djokovic to play the underdog, keep Nadal the favorite for the FO, and stay focused, no?

Discuss.
Wow, did he actually say that? Of course he isn't better than Nadal on clay (or anywhere outside AO for that matter), but the fact that he said he "doesn't know" shows a tremendous level of delusion.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts

He called his opponent the big favourite after beating him; a sure sign of clay GOATness.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

he is useless on clay.
he has missed his chance to win the french already

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

he is useless on clay.
he has missed his chance to win the french already
Hate to bring this up, but if Novak ever wins the FO, he will have a better resume than Fed on clay...just saying.

·
Registered
9 Posts

It's 2015, not 2005, 2008, 2010, or even last year. This is 2015. Novak Djokovic is better than Rafael Nadal right now on EVERY surface. He's in his prime, this is firmly this era, not Nadal's. I'd be shocked if the third time wasn't the charm in a finals rematch again for them.

·
Registered
979 Posts

Novak better rise to the challenge this year and put an end to all the doubts.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts

Hate to bring this up, but if Novak ever wins the FO, he will have a better resume than Fed on clay...just saying.
Just saying??? Does that phrase mean that your comment isn't true but that you stating it in spite of that fact?

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Re: Novak Djokovic: "A victory really doesn't change much. Nadal is always the favori

Is it just me or is Nole talking much more then previous years?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Re: Novak Djokovic: "A victory really doesn't change much. Nadal is always the favori

Well Nadal is the favourite for RG. He's not saying anything groundbreaking there.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts

You are probably better than 2015 Nadal but no version of yours will ever be better than 2005-10 Nadal on clay and that includes your overrated 2011 version too.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Discuss.
the Monte Carlo match was close and decided by a few points

but, with zero french opens to his name, he really doesn't have much choice what to say anyway

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

Just saying??? Does that phrase mean that your comment isn't true but that you stating it in spite of that fact?
Oh wow, what a question :stupid:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts