Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insane level. Barring an injury, will be very surprised if it is not CYGS this year.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Insane level. Barring an injury, will be very surprised if it is not CYGS this year.
I'm afraid you're overstating it a bit. Nobody can keep up this level for the whole year.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I'm afraid you're overstating it a bit. Nobody can keep up this level for the whole year.
Even if he drops his level it should be enough. Only player that can stop him might be Kyrgios in Wimbledon. Other players don't have the level or the balls to do it.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Even if he drops his level it should be enough. Only player that can stop him might be Kyrgios in Wimbledon. Other players don't have the level or the balls to do it.
You know there's a reason nobody's done it since Rod Laver. And there have been better players than Djokovic. There are loads of people who could beat Djokovic at Wimbledon and the USO.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kyrgios at W? First week there would be a chance. But they won't play first week. And on the second week's grass? Nope.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know there's a reason nobody's done it since Rod Laver. And there have been better players than Djokovic. There are loads of people who could beat Djokovic at Wimbledon and the USO.
Has anyone ever been SO head and shoulders above everyone else on EVERY surface? That's the reason we talk about it.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Well, Nadal was stopped by injury at the AO 2010 (not saying he would have won it otherwise).

And Fed was close in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009. He was only stopped by peak Safin, peak Nadal and peak Delpo. Players with similar potential do not exist anymore.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Well, Nadal was stopped by injury at the AO 2010 (not saying he would have won it otherwise).

And Fed was close in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009. He was only stopped by peak Safin, peak Nadal and peak Delpo. Players with similar potential do not exist anymore.
:lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Gloryhunters, gloryhunters everywhere

·
Registered
2,151 Posts

He was beaten by Nishikori and Wawrinka in slams last year, and nearly lost to Federer. So his invincibility is a myth I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Has anyone ever been SO head and shoulders above everyone else on EVERY surface? That's the reason we talk about it.
He's not head and shoulders above everyone at Wimbledon or the US Open. He's moreso at AO and FO and he's going to win them. But it just gets harder from here. Especially since he insists on winning every Masters which is going to burn him out soon enough.

·
Banned
923 Posts
Novak could already have had a slam but he lost to Nishikori at the USO

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I have to agree watching him live against Murray right now. It's the best I've seen since Nadal 2013 USO.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
UH OH!!!! CLAYRAY HAS JUST WOKEN UP. He has taken the third set and broken Djokovic in the fourth...

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I don't even think he is playing that well myself, i think his level overall was better in 2011 and please don't tell me his volleys have improved.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
:haha:

without rain Clayray would have crushed him, still will tomorrow

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
We've seen the head and shoulders at Wimbledon and Us Open last year and Dubai this year as well. He will have problems with certain players on faster surfaces, don't you doubt it will be much tougher for him.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts