Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has not gone off yet.He is still there.Still a threat for Majors,owing to a good draw and injuries he can still nick a Grand Slam or two.Then off we go again,chasing a 21 or 22..Almost seems like impossible,more so for a Novak fan..

What do you feel about it?
I mean it's not like an Agassi playing at the flag end and Federer in his prime.The variables are different,Novak is not in his prime and Fed is not a creaky ol grandpa..

Novak can handle him alright but what happens when Novak goes off for a mental walkabout even for a couple of slams.

Young generation cant be trusted and Nadal is a proper Mug off Clay.

·
10,131 Posts
He has not gone off yet.He is still there.Still a threat for Majors,owing to a good draw and injuries he can still nick a Grand Slam or two.Then off we go again,chasing a 21 or 22..Almost seems like impossible,more so for a Novak fan..

I mean it's not like an Agassi playing at the flag end and Federer in his prime.The variables are different,Novak is not in his prime and Fed is not a creaky ol grandpa..

Novak can handle him alright but what happens when Novak goes off for a mental walkabout even for a couple of slams.

Problem is that Federer can turn in to a creaky ol grandpa if the conditions aren't right...

·
Banned
234 Posts

What surface is Us Open? Stick to cricket my advice fella ?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Right now 12 is the magic number for me as in most HC majors & if Novak can attain it at USO20 or Iatest AO21 & can end career w/ more HC majors than 'Swiss GOAT', i'm not concerned w/ catching up on Grass or ending w/ more CIay titIes as he would have then sealed legacy but already proven to b one of the ATG's on aII surfaces w/ the GoIden Masters.

·
10,131 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean about a threat, there are many players who can do a lot more damage to Federer than he can do to them. At this point he should relish all victories outside of Wimbledon as it is only going to get much harder at this point. He has to deal with age, slowed court speed and fresh young players.

He can still be a semi threat in BO3 format, but he does not have a chance if he has to play Bo5 for over 3 matches. He can hope for the best with grass and fast courts, but don't see much of a chance at winning anything else.

Wimbledon Federer was a thing of beauty but for it to happen again is not too likely. All the matches where he still able to play at 70% of vintage Federer should be a blessing for us, let alone thinking he will be winning slams.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Still has a shot at Wimbledon but that may be his last chance at a slam. Hasn’t done well at US Open lately and hasn’t won it in over 10 years. FO is obviously a no and I don’t see Federer as much of a contender in 2021 onwards.

·
Registered
24,698 Posts
fed can still wimbledon this year and make it 21

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean about a threat, there are many players who can do a lot more damage to Federer than he can do to them. At this point he should relish all victories outside of Wimbledon as it is only going to get much harder at this point. He has to deal with age, slowed court speed and fresh young players.

He can still be a semi threat in BO3 format, but he does not have a chance if he has to play Bo5 for over 3 matches. He can hope for the best with grass and fast courts, but don't see much of a chance at winning anything else.

Wimbledon Federer was a thing of beauty but for it to happen again is not too likely. All the matches where he still able to play at 70% of vintage Federer should be a blessing for us, let alone thinking he will be winning slams.
From the last 4 losses at slams, only one was to a youngster (Tsitsipas).

·
|
14,103 Posts
In the Djokovic-Federer SF at this year's Australian Open, the best tennis was played by Federer, not by Djokovic, as clearly the match was on Federer's racquet.

·
|
14,103 Posts
Fed should avoid Thiem at all costs. as he owns Rafa since 2017 and nearly beat Goat Nole in 2019 W.
At the slams Federer does not "own" Rafa since 2017-
Federer only just squeaked by Rafa at the 2017 Australian Open, Rafa was up a break in the 5th Set.
Rafa demolished Federer at the 2019 French Open, Rafa won 63 64 62 in their 2nd most lopsided French Open match ever!
Federer won a close 4-setter at 2019 Wimbledon, and Rafa won the most lopsided set (6-1 in the 2nd Set) of that match, while Federer needed a tiebreaker to win the 1st Set which most likely decided the match.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
NoIefam consists of aII types but the true ones treat their rivals the same as in No Favoritism. That being said, doesn’t mean I can’t admire & appreciate the shot making style of Fognini, Warwinka or improving play of FAA & Sinner.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny, MTF, never change.
Btw, Novak fans still think that Nadal fans are some kind of allies to them? Delusional...
No,no
.Don't know what was i thinking including Nadal fans.......Nadal fans are the one with least expectations about their master as their master usually tries to play the underdog all the time..I find it cringeworthy..

Novak is a confident and eloquent young man unlike Nadal..

·
Registered
40 Posts
In the Djokovic-Federer SF at this year's Australian Open, the best tennis was played by Federer, not by Djokovic, as clearly the match was on Federer's racquet.
How many more times does Djokovic have to squash Federer in Melbourne or anywhere else for this drivel to die... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
The amount of luck Rogie needs to win another slam is really really high. Sure, he's the supreme Luckbot, but I think it's even beyond him to conjure that much luck in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Only a fool would count Federer out. If Djoker loses focus, Fed will be there to clean up. Federer is the second favourite at Wimbledon, with Nadal a distant third.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts