Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak Djokovic says his comeback wouldn't be possible without support of his wife:

Her support was crucial in the times when I was facing adversity and had obstacles that seemed at times too challenging. Without her support, it would be very difficult for me to play competitive tennis at such a high level,
Particularly challenging was a period about one year ago:

Twelve months ago, I was on the surgery table. I did question everything about my career, how I wanted to go about my life in the future
Novak absolutely didn't want to have a surgery. It was against his "core values" and he wanted it to heal naturally. Jelena says:

It was really huge. It was like he buried one part of him with that decision. He said, 'I'm done. I'm not playing tennis anymore. I lost this. I'm not having fun anymore. This is it
Furtunately he decided to finally have a surgery. He also mentions that despite achieving the ultimate feat (holding all 4 GS titles) he wasn't fullfilled. He changed his approach since then (it's not about trophies but about journey itself).

I think the transformational journey really started three years ago at [Roland Garros] 2016, when I held all four Slams at the same time. [It's] the ultimate achievement in tennis, but I didn't feel fulfilled, I just felt like something was missing
More can be found here:
https://www.atptour.com/en/news/djokovic-discusses-jelena-crucial-role-in-his-revival-2019
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/22/sport/novak-djokovic-jelena-comeback-spt-intl/index.html

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
"I think the transformational journey really started three years ago at [Roland Garros] 2016, when I held all four Slams at the same time. [It's] the ultimate achievement in tennis, but I didn't feel fulfilled, I just felt like something was missing"

amazing

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
"I realized in the first part of my career it was only and all about achieving lifetime goals and making sure that trophies in my arms,"
"(But I began to understand) that it's not about that actually. It's about the journey. It's about purpose and it's about the deeper meaning of life"
Novak Djokovic

"I feel like the reason why our bond is so strong is because for me he's never a tennis player,"
"He never worked for the glory, for the money, or for any of it. He was always about values. Living the life fully. Committing yourself to the life of purpose. That's what I'm in love with."
Jelena Djokovic

Although you feel much idolizing and some wishful thinking in the above, this attitude what I really like in a man and a woman.

The Djokovic couple showing us the way to go which leads to fulfilment.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It's about bloody project-Djokovic

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Novak_Djokovic/66269/novak-djokovic-has-the-mission-to-be-the-goat-says-father-srdjan/

Novak Djokovic has the mission to be the GOAT, says father Srdjan
FEBRUARY 4, 2019 22:40
by LUIGI GATTO

In an interview to RS the Novak Djokovic's father Srdjan said that his son Novak once got called by the Russia's President chief Vladimir Putin to attend the Russia-America hockey match at the Sochi Olympics.

However, the current 15-time Major winner could not accept the request. 'Novak was playing a tournament in Dubai and he could not come. Novak is too busy because he has

the mission to be the greatest tennis player of all time', said Srdjan.

Srdjan also spoke about his relationship with Russia: 'I was only once in Russia when the Davis Cup was held in Moscow. And my desire is to come again, to visit St. Petersburg. I have a friend there, Gennady Timchenko, honorary member of Serbia in St.

Petersburg. He saved my life six years and a half ago. I has a sepsi, and here they did not have the condition to take care of myself and so he brought his airplane to go to Monaco. And if we waited a few more days, I would have died.

So I own my life to Genadiu Timchenko. He is a great man and he loves Serbia and the Serbian population a lot!' Srdjan also recalled when he, Novak and their family survived to the war: 'He was 12 years old and kids were playing on tennis courts in Partizan.

These criminals wanted to make disorder in motherhood hospitals, buildings in the centre of the city... everything can be forgiven, but the fact that they shooted my country and my family is so unhuman that I have no words.

Everything needs to be forgiven, but not forgotten.'

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Novak is genuinely a good person.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Any mention of her tolerating and forgiving his infidelity?

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
Djokovic achieved Zen status of late, it was so evident in his AO Final walk-in... I had bad feelings then and there about Rafa's chances.

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
Tour got much weaker mid 2018.
It got MUCH stronger, LOL.

Many players massively improved: Potro, Khachanov, Medvedev, Coric, Tsitsipas, Isner, Thiem (now back down again), Anderson, mid 20's and even late 20's such as Fucsovics, Basilashvili, AGUT playing their career best tennis, steady improvements for Nishikori, even guys like Verdasco, Seppi, Simon, Monfils, have had resurgences...

what exactly got weaker? Lol.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Any mention of her tolerating and forgiving his infidelity?
Don't know about the stories and if they're true. But if true why couldn't she have forgiven him.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Truly bizarre stuff. Maybe this kind of dysfunctional hypocritical pyschobabble
:superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

You are truly bizarre, as you say.

Don't worry about this kind of "psychobabble", if someone has some higher purpose in life, not just hitting his forehand the perfect way, like Federer did during 2006, so let's prepare yourself for a couple of more massive surprises coming from the Djokovic family...

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,200 Posts
Ofc he didn't feel fulfilled, he knows he had it easy. Had he done it in 2011, now that would be something else.

Would have been funny to have chico around to comment on Jelena.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts
It got MUCH stronger, LOL.

Many players massively improved: Potro, Khachanov, Medvedev, Coric, Tsitsipas, Basilashvili, Isner, Thiem (now back down again), Anderson, Fucsovics, steady improvements for Nishikori, even guys like Verdasco, Simon, Monfils, have had resurgences...

what exactly got weaker? Lol.
He's a notorious Novak hater

These last few months haven't been kind to him... Basically disappeared after Djokovic beat his precious Roger in Cincy :grin2:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Tour got much weaker mid 2018.
Truly bizarre stuff. Maybe this kind of dysfunctional hypocritical pyschobabble is part of the deal for the extreme minority who reach the top.
Ofc he didn't feel fulfilled, he knows he had it easy. Had he done it in 2011, now that would be something else.

Would have been funny to have chico around to comment on Jelena.
There, there:hug:

Maybe guittara would offer to all of you fedtards phone number of his brother , but seeing results of that work , I think it would be better to ask for advice somewhere else ( remember- The Ruins failed too).

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
One of the most disgusting things I have seen was fans speculating on his marriage when Novak was struggling with his game and saying all kinds of things about him when they know nothing about his life. People are so disrespectful and if anyone said anything like that about Roger they would be highly upset.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
One of the most disgusting things I have seen was fans speculating on his marriage when Novak was struggling with his game and saying all kinds of things about him when they know nothing about his life. People are so disrespectful and if anyone said anything like that about Roger they would be highly upset.
Novak struggle (injury related) used to be main fun at MTF for quite some time ,encouraged by certain moderator/s. What would you expect?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts