Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we wll knew this was likely the kind of scoreline we'd get here. This is Nick's 3rd challenger title of the year and with it he will be ranked inside the top 150 come monday

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
:spit: What a surprise.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
He's well on his way to finishing the year in the top 100 now, with a kind draw at Wimbledon he can pick up a win or 2.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Would've been better if Groth won, because Kyrgios would've had a really good shot at the wildcard even if he'd lost. :(

Still though, well done Nick, well on the way to Top 100 by the end of the year. :yeah:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
REally hoped Groth wins this just for WC - and also ranking wise he is getting to top 100 himself, just like Kyrgios - both will get i think this year to top 100. Kyrgios was better, Groth only had more aces 22 to 19,but Kyrgios won more on his 1st and 2nd serve and generally more on return - so 2 tie-breaks for Kyrgios, but Groth saved nicely MP at 6-5 Kyrgios 2nd serve and Groth hit BH winner from return to corner. Now the question is who gets the last WC, i hope Groth but most likely someone from UK

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Did they convert on them? :shrug: From the looks of the score, probably not.
no breaks of serve, but my point was 7-6-7-6 is expected result, but it´s not like for example Ivo played Isner last year in NEwport with the same result and 0 BP, this time 8bp - so there were chances for both guys to break

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Murray tweeted about Nick soon to be a force in the ATP. Congrats!

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nick :woohoo: just amazing once again!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts