Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
29,637 Posts
Balls, hope he's alright for Wimbledon.

Istomin with a good chance to put a first title on the board now.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Really shame it ended like this.

Baggy was playing really well during whole tournament and had right to think even about title here. I hope he will get better soon.

First grass final for Istomin, 3rd overall. Not quite without chances, but I wouldn't put him as a favorite against winner of second SF.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Havent seen Bags play this well in a long time. This sucks.

Worst thing is its too close to Wimby and not enough time to heal.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Young is dancing in front of his TV right now. ^^ :woohoo:

Get well soon Marcos!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Marcos :bigcry: He just can't catch a break, and what an opportunity for another title gone, he was the better grasscourter still alive :sobbing:

On the positive side, Istomin is a really nice guy with clean strokes. I hope he finally gets his first title tomorrow, he has too much game to not have one.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nooooooo, what happened?
His calf muscle went - and despite getting treatment it was sadly no good. So gutted about this, he had the title in his sights.

Best of luck to Denis in the final though.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Too bad about the injury for Baggy, but so excited for Denis to reach a final. I am really rooting for Deni now!

·
Registered
11,131 Posts
Baghdatis broke Istomin to go up 2-1 and was doing okay in his service game, and I come back to see he retired? WTF?

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Nooooooo, what happened?
Went to net, called trainer. Wasn't any visible sign of it, no lunge for the ball, no sudden stop in pain. I'm guessing he was carrying it already.

Was up a break too, the matchup looked as comfortable as you would expect - he has no problem with the trajectory of Istomin's shots as quite a few others do on grass, then can take advantage of his superiority on return and attacking variety.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
His Wimbledon draw looked good and now this. :sad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Too bad, I was expecting three sets and interesting match ,looks like he cant walk seriously, I am not sure if he will recuperate for Wimbledon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts