Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know he's not the most popular player but it deserves a thread :lol:

Querrey has held his nerve very well this week and a winnable final ahead.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Nottingham, SF: Querrey def. Dolgopolov 4:6, 6:3, 7:5

I see people try to pretend that Querrey didn´t make yet another ATP tour final, but really...lesser clown won.

Dolgo had 6:4, 2:0* and a chance to go to *3:0.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Nottingham SF: (12) Querrey def Dolgopolov 6-4 3-6 5-7

Could I have fucked up that scoreline more?

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Re: Nottingham, SF: Querrey def. Dolgopolov 4:6, 6:3, 7:5

Good for Istomin. Querrey is less dangerous I suppose

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Querrey should be ashamed of himself for beating a more talented player :(

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I can already see Sam play like a headless chicken with dozens of UEs (mostly shots straight into the net) and donate Istomin his first ATP title in the final, and thus back to being ashamed of himself. And of course he will say after the match, "It was a good tournament, because I reached the final."

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,561 Posts
Can't believe Dolgo just fell apart up a break in set 2. He saved 3 consecutive BPs then gifted the game away with some lousy play. Anyhow missed chance. If Querrey can't win a title now he may never again.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dolgo has been a major headcase this whole tournament, berating line judges, umpires, you name it. He still managed to scrap his way to this semi-final though, largely down to the huge amount of natural talent he possesses. When he is 'on' not many players can get near him - especially in a 250 event such as this.

In the end his biggest opponent in Nottingham was himself, and it was sadly a fight he has not ended up winning.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Yep, Dolgo has been unbelievably irregular this event - some brilliant stuff, periods where he can't concentrate whatsoever. The Andujar match was the silliest, but today and Lu were not that different.

His only consistently good performance was vs Thiem, and he kinda gave up so quickly Dolgo didn't have a chance to lose his head.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
So is this Querrey peaking in time for playing Federer at Wimbledon?

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I can already see Sam play like a headless chicken with dozens of UEs (mostly shots straight into the net) and donate Istomin his first ATP title in the final, and thus back to being ashamed of himself. And of course he will say after the match, "It was a good tournament, because I reached the final."
...and he would be right, wouldn't he :lol:

Sam is playing solid grass tennis these days, he's found some quirky FH motion for his low balls and it's very effective.

Solid fave for the title though indeed

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I know he's not the most popular player but it deserves a thread :lol:

Querrey has held his nerve very well this week and a winnable final ahead.
Yes he can play when he wants to...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts