Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gilles walks on! :bigclap:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Re: Nottingham: Simon defeats J. Sousa 6-4 6-1

Against Simon most players look like brainless ballbashers. And that's how Sousa looked today. And that's exactly why he lost.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

Sousa was 0 on key points. Actually Joao was the better player on the 1st set but couldn't convert that to the scoreboard. On the 2nd set João just gone all over the place. Good display from Simon, though, but João should have won this one.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Simon had a good run at Queens, I don't understand why is he playing there instead of focusing on Wimbledon.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Expected loss, still a harsh beating

·
Registered
983 Posts

Sousa was 0 on key points. Actually Joao was the better player on the 1st set but couldn't convert that to the scoreboard. On the 2nd set João just gone all over the place. Good display from Simon, though, but João should have won this one.
6-4 6-1 and you say that based on what exactly

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Was live at this match and Gilles is just a joy to watch. Those flat low shots are such a great sight on grass and Gilles just seems to always pick the right ball to inject pace on.

After about 4 games it was clearly obvious that Gilles does everything Sousa does but better. Goes to show you just how bad form he was in at times last year when he was losing to players he looks so clearly superior to.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

6-4 6-1 and you say that based on what exactly
Simon was the better player in this match, obviously. I'm saying that Simon wasn't even that good and Sousa should've won this one.

·
Registered
983 Posts

Simon was the better player in this match, obviously. I'm saying that Simon wasn't even that good and Sousa should've won this one.
again I can't understand why you would say that? just because he managed to beat him once? their careers are oceans apart in terms of achievements and frankly on grass Sousa has zero chance against him (to begin with a low chance regardless)

·
MONSOON season.
82,306 Posts

:lol: After a 4-6 1-6 defeat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts