Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very good performance by Lu. Basically player with better return won.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Jesus fucking christ, this is a woeful result.

·
24,110 Posts
Not a good grass season for the two-defending* champion and I really thought a decent returner would've troubled him with his seemingly rocky form but I still have expected a closer match than this.

*ATP recognizes this as just a venue changed Eastbourne (i.e. pre-Slam week Grass tournament) so it counts as the same tournament as Eastbourne.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
I have nothing against Lopez but he's really overranked so him losing points during the grass swing would put him where he belongs

·
Registered
10,233 Posts
This is quite an upset :eek:

Lu playing like a regular top 10 player on grass. Amazing.
Seppi loss doesn't look so bad now.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,653 Posts
Lu with fantastic 2nd serves, what is he up to here? :eek:

Tough match now against Dolgopolov if he's on a good day, otherwise Lu will easily routine him

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Lu is the type of a player who would benefit from a longer grass season. Looking at his stats, I am surprised he is below 50% on grass, but despite him being a challenger "vulture" he is at least trying to play ATP tounaments during grass season and he very often loses to players who are simply better...There was a passage (2006-2009) when he couldn´t win any match on grass but even there he often faced opponents which are no grass court mugs.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Wow, this is a great win against a big serving guy. I saw Lopez practicing with kei at the US Open last year. He was really pummeling those serves and Kei had trouble returning. Good for you Lu and great for Asian tennis!

Harry

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
First time ever watching Lopez live in person and he really is garbage off the ground. His slice is so ridiculously overrated, it seriously did nothing against Lu.

Lu was of course better off the ground but what made this win so emphatic was he was all over Lopez 2nd serve and picked him off time and again on it.

·
Bring it Home
21,072 Posts
Good result for the sport.

Bot-pusher hybrid exposed by more talented player.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Pretty miserable grass season for Lopez thus far. As has been suggested by others, the sport would benefit from him going back to his more suitable #30-40 spot in the rankings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts