Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother's best friend invited me and my brother to his home few weeks ago. His family were really nice to us. Anyhow, I saw the sister of my brother's best friend there and I found her quite attractive. She talked a bit and seemed like my type. Her smile was breathtaking. I really liked her. I thought she was 20/21 to be honest but then after we got home I asked my bro about her age and it turns out that she is only 17.....

Damn... In utter ruins. She really sounded older than her age. Not sure what to do now. I'm still interested in her but the age gap is too big I think. 6 years. I'm not looking for sex at all. Only a real relationship but the fact that she is only 17 made me think a lot. Age gap is too big. I'm not sure this would work out. Plus no way in hell I tell her that I like her now. She is 17 ffs lol. I would feel like a total creep if I tell her now. And if people find out that I did, my image is ruined for good. I still have that "great guy" image when I meet with new families/ppl lol. They seem to like me a lot most of the times. I have that natural charm I guess (lol)... Not as good as Durant tho. #MVP

So yeah, at first I thought I should wait until she turns 18/19 to tell her that I like her. Not really sure tho ; it still makes me feel very uneasy to admit something like that to a girl that much younger than me. This sucks badly for sure.

Anyone here who's dating someone way younger than him/her? What's the age gap you are fine with?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
:awww: Sigh...Yeah sucks to be you.
If she was bit older, the age gap won't be too severe, but 17 is sort of killing it.
You just gotta be a secret admirer for now.
:hug:

·
Premium Member
21,316 Posts
Well, if you were 30, I guess you would have no problem dating someone who is 24? It's not too big gap (if that is your real age), as long as you don't try anything funny with a minor.

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, if you were 30, I guess you would have no problem dating someone who is 24? It's not too big gap (if that is your real age), as long as you don't try anything funny with a minor.
Yeah, I would be even fine with 27-21 tbh. However, I don't know if I want to wait for that long. I might meet someone interesting who's is a much better option for me age-wise. That girl also might find someone in that period. I guess I will just leave the 17 years old girl as a 2nd option. Honestly, I don't think something will come out of this lol

·
Premium Member
21,316 Posts
Yeah, I would be even fine with 27-21 tbh. However, I don't know if I want to wait for that long. I might meet someone interesting who's is a much better option for me age-wise. That girl also might find someone in that period. I guess I will just leave the 17 years old girl as a 2nd option. Honestly, I don't think something will come out of this lol
Well, you may never know. In any case girls will usually choose someone a bit older, if you were 17, probably you'd have very little chance there. :p

·
Premium Member
21,316 Posts
I think you are right. I mean there is still a big chance I'll be single in 2/3 years. :lol: So I might give it a shot with this girl.
Yup, you can give it a shot and see what's going on, as someone likes to say. :lol:

I agree. 19 is certainly much better. :lol:
It's just a number, someone 17, 18 or 19 is (usually) equally immature. :p Unless she gets a job and starts taking care of her own stuff at 19.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only thing a man should worry about is the age of consent.

"Big age gap" is for a women to concern, they like to whine and moan about it. The reason is obvious, age interval when they are considered attractive to men is very damn short.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The age of consent in North Korea is 15, so you're good to go!

But it sounds like you're over thinking it - she's probably not even into you. Either make a move and to hell with everyone else, or forget her. "I could wait till she's 19..." is the talk of a deluded little pussy who'll never do anything in life.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

But it sounds like you're over thinking it - she's probably not even into you. Either make a move and to hell with everyone else, or forget her. "I could wait till she's 19..." is the talk of a deluded little pussy who'll never do anything in life.
Solid advice this.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
I don't see the problem?

As long as you think she is mature enough with her behaviour to be in a relationship with you age gap doesn't really matter. I mean there's plenty of 36 year olds dating 30 year olds for example.

I wouldn't date a 17 year old that was still acting like a kid and stuff but if I met 17 year old that was very adult like in their behaviour I would for sure see what's going on.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

very solid advice

also, good point that between 17 and 19 there's a very little difference in maturity even if she goes to college (unless something dramatic happens on the way). Relationship-wise, one needs to witness or experience a few real jerks to be more mature (and probably to make a few mistakes herself), and that won't happen by the time a girl is 21-23 anyway.

Real life (getting a more serious job than summer burger flipping, graduating, having to become responsible for a budget on your own) also starts kicking in around that time.

And I seriously don't get this "under 18" thing. People outside Europe really don't have sex when they're under 18? I find it so hard to believe but everyone is always so serious about it on the internet :shrug: Just check UK stats, I think 75% of 14 yo already have children (I might be *slightly* exaggerating but you get my point. And no one cares there, seems to be normal). Well, anyway, while biology calls for wanting to try it pretty early, some girls aren't ready for it even when they're 19 and they have a boyfriend. So you wouldn't be pushing her for it anyway until she wants it at her pace, that's what gentlemen do if they really care for a girl, if she is more than just a sperm dump (no matter how hard it is).

Dating at this age/stage is mostly going for ice cream, to the park and to movies together anyway. After few months you'll know if this is what both she and you want.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts