Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
Random but love it. Thoughts on dybala? I feel under appreciated
Oh for sure.

Sarri is a bit of an idiot that he always starts him on the bench.

Dybala seems to now have finally got his starting spot, after 5-6 times of saving the team as a sub.

It's been only once so far, but he finally started Ronaldo/Higuain/Dyabala last league game.

In the mid, he still seems to not quite realize that the way to go is Pjanic with Costa, who brings speed and forward movement. No Matuidi, no Bernardeschi (nice sub).

I'm telling you, if Juve plays with Pjanic, Costa, Ronaldo, Higuain, Dybala, they win the CL ;)

Beyond that, Demiral has gotten a couple games now where he has looked very strong, and might start ahead of DeHandball which I wouldn't mind.

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Champions League Draw

Man City v R.Madrid
Chelsea v Bayern @IBM and @cmchelsea
LPool v A.Madrid
Dortmund v PSG
Spurs v Leipzig
Lyon v Juve
Napoli v Barca... @Cloren
Atlanta v Valencia

Thoughts lads
I can't say I'm very confident. Bayern are going well in Europe, although they're not doing so great on the league, similar to Chelsea, although on paper they have a far stronger team. Lewandowski will probably score about 10 goals over the 2 games against our Shite defence

·
justice for all
12,673 Posts
Interesting pairings. Especially Bayern vs Chelsea, Madrid vs City, Liverpool vs Atletico and Barca vs Napoli. It's only the first time in history when only top 5 leagues have representatives in 1/8. Personally I miss some bigger underdog but great field nevertheless.

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
Interesting pairings. Especially Bayern vs Chelsea, Madrid vs City, Liverpool vs Atletico and Barca vs Napoli. It's only the first time in history when only top 5 leagues have representatives in 1/8. Personally I miss some bigger underdog but great field nevertheless.
Why is Barca vs Napoli an interesting pairing?

Napoli is in terrible form and haven't won a league game in 7 weeks, them and Lyon are the 2 weakest sides.

They're fodder.

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
A couple years ago, even last year, Atleti could have given Liverpool a real dog fight and upset them. This year's team is the weakest since 2012 though.

·
justice for all
12,673 Posts
Why is Barca vs Napoli an interesting pairing?

Napoli is in terrible form and haven't won a league game in 7 weeks, them and Lyon are the 2 weakest sides.

They're fodder.
Regarding Napoli: 2 months is a long time, especially with the winter break things might change in their favour.
Also: I like both teams so it's interesting from my personal point of view.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dortmund v PSG is prob most attractive tie in terms of style...

Madrid not playing great
Atletico never stylish

·
justice for all
12,673 Posts
I can't say I'm very confident. Bayern are going well in Europe, although they're not doing so great on the league, similar to Chelsea, although on paper they have a far stronger team. Lewandowski will probably score about 10 goals over the 2 games against our Shite defence
Bayern play well in Europe but mainly in the group stages. Last 4-5 seasons they underperformed in playoffs. They also suck in Bundesliga this year, especially the last few matches. Lewandowski is undergoing a surgery in the offseason too. Last match Couthino was world class if he plays like that plus Lewy is healthy could be very tough to stop them. But if not, then it’s a very close game for me, I’d say 50/50.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Oh damn. This line up does not look good for us but looking forward to watching the academy players. Prob a 2-1 defeat. Main event is tomorrow i guess

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Bayern play well in Europe but mainly in the group stages. Last 4-5 seasons they underperformed in playoffs. They also suck in Bundesliga this year, especially the last few matches. Lewandowski is undergoing a surgery in the offseason too. Last match Couthino was world class if he plays like that plus Lewy is healthy could be very tough to stop them. But if not it’s a very close game for me, I’d say 50/50.
Hope Chelsea can make it competitive but recent results don't leave me very confident. At least the transfer ban has been lifted and Frank can now buy players in the January transfer window, so things can look different by the time this tie takes place.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So it looks like Arteta will be the next Arsenal manager, hmm. I don't know what to think about it, it could go both ways. A lot of teams are trying to find the next Zidane lately.
Strong tactics.
A super assistant
Maybe thats all 🤷‍♂️
Gamble

21 - 40 of 76 Posts